Class of 2016 - RB Tyler Thompson (NJ) Verbal to UMass | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Tyler Thompson (NJ) Verbal to UMass

Aug 7

Football: Ocean Township RB Tyler Thompson "100 percent" healthy after breaking leg in 2014

And the college programs recruiting Thompson, who has 20 offers, have remained interested.

The schools that offered early – like Syracuse -- have remained true to the offers. Former Monmouth and Marlboro head coach Bob Acosta is wooing Thompson for Syracuse.

“It means a lot that the schools didn’t lose interest in me,” Thompson said.

“What coaches like about Tyler is that he is a four-down back,” Kline said. “He run around you. He can run through you. He is an excellent receiver and he can pass protect. There are a lot of high school backs, who put up big numbers. There aren’t many willing to block.

“He’s actually added offers in the spring,” Kline said. “West Virginia made an offer. Michigan, Nebraska and Penn State are all interested and want to see tape from the first three or four games.”

“I’m going to show them what they want to see in those first three games (at Neptune followed by Wall andManasquan and home),” Thompson said.

Wonder how his grades were after junior year, based on the below that CL posted on Page 1 of his thread back. at the beginning of March:

"During the visit, he and his mother spoke with SU running backs coach DeAndre Smith. Smith's message to Thompson was that he would be a great fit for the Orange's H-back position — a spot that is expected to line up in the slot, on the wing and in the backfield in offensive coordinator Tim Lester's new offense.

Thompson just needs to make sure his grades will be high enough to qualify."

"Thompson, who said he will return for Syracuse's annual spring game on April 4, watched practice and toured SU's facilities with St. John Vianney (Holmdel, N.J.) High School quarterback Anthony Brown."

I have a feeling he's going to be hearing from them soon. Obviously there was a reason they stopped getting in touch...and that reason is now gone.

Well monitor but he obviously needs to make the grade. If he does he'll likely have a bunch of suitors.

Well monitor but he obviously needs to make the grade. If he does he'll likely have a bunch of suitors.
I think that, if we decide to really go in on him, it'll come down to us and BC.

I think that, if we decide to really go in on him, it'll come down to us and BC.

If there is an academic issue that would make his admission to Syracuse a question then there is no way he would pass BC admissions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom