Class of 2015 - RB Tyrone Perkins (NY) Signed LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Tyrone Perkins (NY) Signed LOI

Boy we have lots of "experts" on the competition levels. It's often a complaint that we don't get the talent out of NYS, but when we do get what looks like a gem, many offer their opinion on how the talent level is amiss to make "their evaluation."

Let's just get it out there to cut and paste in the future. Every football star in NYS will be playing against overall football talent that is lesser than other states (including some players that look like extras in a hobbit movie). When a football recruit from NYS looks a head bigger, two steps faster, and scores dozens of TDs, we can assume he has a strong chance of contributing greatly at the D1 level.

I trust the COACHES evaluations, and this kid passes the "eye test" on the brief film that is linked here. I expected this chain to be 99% about NICE pickup.

Really happy to have Tyrone on board!!

Funny just the other day, a person retired from Bristol Lab visited me as a volunteer for the hospital. He mentioned working with Morlon summers and having him over for dinner where Greenwood wowed the entire family with his good looks, physic and great manners.

Greenwood was a late bloomer who carved out pretty decent career with the Dolphins and Texans.

He later took up fighting.

Morlon Greenwood was a great coverage linebacker. He was a good player / starter for the Dolphins for several years.

Boy we have lots of "experts" on the competition levels. It's often a complaint that we don't get the talent out of NYS, but when we do get what looks like a gem, many offer their opinion on how the talent level is amiss to make "their evaluation."

Let's just get it out there to cut and paste in the future. Every football star in NYS will be playing against overall football talent that is lesser than other states (including some players that look like extras in a hobbit movie). When a football recruit from NYS looks a head bigger, two steps faster, and scores dozens of TDs, we can assume he has a strong chance of contributing greatly at the D1 level.

I trust the COACHES evaluations, and this kid passes the "eye test" on the brief film that is linked here. I expected this chain to be 99% about NICE pickup.

He's a great looking prospect but we do have the right to say the competition is crap. I should know, I played varsity ball a few years back in the same division that Perkins plays in. Kid is very talented and would put up numbers at any level most likely, but you cant totally disregard competition in talent evaluation

One recruiting site (not R&vals and not Sc@ut) rated him the #3 recruit in NYS and the #35 RB in this class.

So basically if he goes to the camps, they'll do the proper analysis. If he doesn't, they slap some meaningless 2 star rating on him just like R*vals. I'd hate for these guys to actually earn their paycheck.

ya that was a head scratcher for a comment. if colleges are able to offer kids off video tape you don't think a service can put on a grade, or at least a preliminary one? and now that he is committed is there really incentive to go to a camp? all i took from that is unless he goes to one of our camps get ready for 2 stars.

i don't think anyone is really calling out the coaching staff. they surely have much more film then the services. the complaints are mostly towards the recruiting services, and there reasons for not grading, or in some cases just grading for the sake of grading. nothing to do with the staff, who also could have seen practices, games, etc.

1. Tyrone Perkins ‏@tperk33 Apr 16
  2. Syracuse class of 2019
    1f34a.png
    1f3c8.png
    !!!!
  1. Coach Banks‏@Imindahudl Apr 16
  2. @tperk33 congrats u have to help recruit other studs for your class. CUSE!!!!

My very good Freinds son is on the Freinds academy team w Tyrone. I went to a game last year. Tyrone got injured in first half so did not see much of him. I will say the level of competition is beyond bad for high d one talent . I was shocked how small the kids were. Impossible to judge anything from his tape.

Last edited:
http://dailyorange.com/2014/05/perkins-takes-leading-role-in-syracuses-recruiting-class-of-2015/

"Perkins didn’t directly talk to any of the other commits before they pledged, but now that he knows seven of his future teammates he’s beginning to build relationships with them.
And as verbal commitments continue to roll in Perkins will work to create the Syracuse he envisioned when he pledged in April.
“Syracuse hit some important chords for him,” Friends Academy head coach Ron Baskind said. “They really played the family aspect, which is important for him.”

Last edited:
Eldridge committed to UVA.
He is pretty excited I will see him and his dad this weekend at my nephew's graduation party. It was a smart move because he and his dad are worried they won't be able to get the ball to him much this upcoming year because the offensive line is going to be terrible. Long story short they feel his numbers will drop off a lot his senior year at WR.

According to a random thread earlier he has a knee injury. Sounds significant...

Tyrone Perkins‏@tperk33 11h
Thanks for the support everyone. I'll be back dw
1f44c.png
2764.png
23-20e3.png
35-20e3.png

Tyrone with a shoutout in this morning's MMQB in the "Factoids of the Week That May Only Interest Me" section:

"Gunnar Esiason, son of Boomer and October 1993 Sports Illustrated cover boy, is the offensive coordinator at Friends Academy, a high school in Locust Valley, N.Y., on Long Island. He has quite a nice weapon to build his offense around—Tyrone Perkins, a running back bound for Syracuse, who scored 24 touchdowns last season."

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/08/nfl-week-1-surprises-derek-anderson-panthers-dolphins/4/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom