Class of 2015 - RB Tyrone Perkins (NY) Signed LOI | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Tyrone Perkins (NY) Signed LOI

Great news, IMO. If Delone Carter can bounce back from such a catostrophic injury, ths kid can definitely bounce back from a torn ACL. Here's hoping that Perkins has a great career in Orange.
CJ Fair tore his ACL in high school and that turned out alright. Hoping Perkins can bounce back just as well.

He has 2 years most likely before he sees field as well. Also kid is 18, recovery should be fine

His recovery all depends on the doctor performing the procedure, procedure (without setbacks or infection), rehab, and mental well being (if he ever feels comfortable performing the same type of movements). You can't just say because player A came back from it in High School, player B will come back. It doesn't work like that, each circumstance is different. A lot depends on other factors which the player does not always control. I hope for the best, but this isn't an NFL or College player going to one of the best surgeons in the world. Its a high school kid, which may or may not be financially able to pay for a top surgeon or rehab facility.

His recovery all depends on the doctor performing the procedure, procedure (without setbacks or infection), rehab, and mental well being (if he ever feels comfortable performing the same type of movements). You can't just say because player A came back from it in High School, player B will come back. It doesn't work like that, each circumstance is different. A lot depends on other factors which the player does not always control. I hope for the best, but this isn't an NFL or College player going to one of the best surgeons in the world. Its a high school kid, which may or may not be financially able to pay for a top surgeon or rehab facility.
Are colleges allowed to assist, either financially or with medical staff, once a player has signed an LOI and qualified? If there were an early signing period and a kid got hurt like this in his senior year, could the college "intervene" in some way to ensure that the quality of the care?

A kid in Shys school tore his acl and mcl a year and a half ago. He went to a surgeon that does the Red Sox and patriots players. He just got cleared to run the first week of this season and has nerve damage to his foot. Another kid went to the same doctor and was back in 6 months. Depends on damage in the injury ,triage after the injury ,steps taken leading to surgery, surgery, doctor, after care, rehab, kids work at rehab... The list goes on. Hopefully things work out for the best for him

The db for some NFL team (i forgot which) made it back from an ACL in 6 months. Obviously a PCL and ACL is worse, but he should be about ready to go by the start of Fall camp. He was most likely going to redshirt anyways so he will have 2 whole years to get better, and stronger.

Syracuse football honors Perkins’ commitment after 2015 running back commit tears ACL (DO: Blum)

092314_Race_Courtsey1.jpg

Had surgery (Oct.17) and started rehab (Oct. 22). As of now is supposedly ahead of schedule with everything and the Doctors have said the way things are looking now it should be within a few weeks or a month that he can start jogging again.

Disclaimer...This info did not come from Scowt or Rovals.

Had surgery (Oct.17) and started rehab (Oct. 22). As of now is supposedly ahead of schedule with everything and the Doctors have said the way things are looking now it should be within a few weeks or a month that he can start jogging again.

Disclaimer...This info did not come from Scowt or Rovals.
2 4 / 7???????????

hadn't watched that video in a while. i love this kid. no matter that level of comp he's powerful, explosive, nice burst, vision and love the wiggle. he looks pretty smooth running the ball. natural.

hadn't watched that video in a while. i love this kid. no matter that level of comp he's powerful, explosive, nice burst, vision and love the wiggle. he looks pretty smooth running the ball. natural.

If he comes back 100% he's going to be a stud for us. That run around the 3 minute mark was awesome as he was stopped dead on the left hand side, somehow made it back all the way across field and scored a TD.

If he comes back 100% he's going to be a stud for us. That run around the 3 minute mark was awesome as he was stopped dead on the left hand side, somehow made it back all the way across field and scored a TD.
I agree.

We're all excited about D. Strictland, but I really like the two RB's from the Empire State. Both appear to have great potential.