Class of 2015 - RB Tyrone Perkins (NY) Signed LOI | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Tyrone Perkins (NY) Signed LOI

BlackKnight76

All American
Syracuse has landed a commitment from 2015 Locust Valley (NY) Friends Academy RB Tyrone Perkins So...who's he?

Last edited by a moderator:
Long strider. Eats up ground when he gets upfield.

Hopefully he's got a little bit of AJ Long-ish recruiting ability.

BTW, Locust Valley, NY is out on Long Island.

The lead blocker 44 cracks me up. Competition certainly isnt the best but the guy has some moves. I like early commits like this because you know the staff really likes him.

My guess is he is similar to Naes with the 2014 class. Local NY kid that Schafer and co really like that has exceptional character, that will likely improve as a senior.

His qb is a star at Freinds and hopefully follows in Perkins footsteps Go CUSE

If you Google him, most of the links are about his accomplishments on the basketball team.

Well, we needed depth at RB. This is a good start.

I'm guessing we bring in 2 RBs this class.

Nice to get a commit to break the ice on the class of 2015. Hopefully this will get the ball rolling and be the first of a couple of commits on Spring Game weekend!

Let's Go Orange!!!

Last edited:
Anyone else having issues seeing the video? Says it's blocked due to music media copyright

Thoughts from those around the area? Talent he is going against makes the tape hard to judge because it looks almost JV level. No disrespect just my opinion

That's what i am having trouble with. Seems like a big, strong, fluid kid, but competition is really bad.

Staff must really like him though since they had him graded above some more high profile guys.

I wonder what this means for a guy like Johnathan Forrest who is supposed to be up here this weekend and I don't believe he has an offer yet. Same thing for Anthony DuBose, another NYS RB.

I am thinking we take 3 rb's, but have to wonder the pecking order.

Hello Tyrone...
tyrone.jpg

competition in sports is pretty awful in Long Island from what I've seen.

His vision seems to be exceptional and his balance looked really good in that highlight video. I like his size and think he could play RB here if the staff want him to but he looks athletic enough to be able to play a couple different positions. My only gripes were his competition (nothing he can do about that) and that he runs a little high but that can be easily taught.

No complaints here on the first commit for SU!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom