RB Winston Lee - New Walk-On | Syracusefan.com

RB Winston Lee - New Walk-On

With those numbers I wonder why he didn't get a bigger offer, even at an fcs school.

Here's an article... wow...

Lee to play on national stage

Went to SUNY Cobleskill - D3 school - his first two years.

Winston Lee Named 2015 SUNY Cobleskill Male Athlete of the Year
If nothing else, it gives the defense a really fast guy to chase in practice. IMO we have suffered in that regard in recent years. Our D isn't prepared for the speed we see in the ACC because we don't have anyone who can simulate it in practice. Kind of like hoops opponents not being able to prepare for the zone.

Lee was a QB in high school if I recall correctly. He was one of my wife's students and he was always interested in playing football if he had the chance. We thought at one point that he was going to be going to SUNY Buffalo but he ended up at Cobleskill (might have been grades). His HS coach was a huge Orange fan who had attended Coach P's camps and had dreamed of playing for Syracuse when he was a kid.

I looked him up on the SU track site to see if they listed his physical dimensions, but they didn't have that information the way they do for football / hoops.

Does anybody know how tall this kid is and how much he weighs?

He probably has 2 years of football eligibility left? 2 to play 2

If he can catch the ball well, you have someone to return kickoffs, and be a threat to go the distance every time, as long as he can take a hit.

Sometimes it works...

hayes.JPG

5-10, 193#
That's pretty damn solid for a kid who runs that fast. Would be ideal for returns. Gets our more active players like Mo and Estime etc. less opportunities to get injured.

"Yeah...and sometimes it doesn't". True.

A factoid...Nehemiah was released after the 49ers drafted Jerry Rice.

Rice was on the track team in high school ;)

(Thank you wiki)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom