Class of 2016 - RB/WR Sean Riley (CA) SIGNED LOI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB/WR Sean Riley (CA) SIGNED LOI

Symphony Steve said:
You're probably right. My comment was kind-of a defense mechanism re other commits who displayed certain specific skills but who either ended up miscast or not cast at all...

Ha! I hear you. We're all conditioned that way... For now.

I just watched his film and this kid is really fast. You can see from his film Riley prefers to run North and South as he wastes no steps after he cuts to get back to running North and South. Some kids will keep running sideways for a few more steps,but not him.Color me impressed

Kids like Strickland who need the ball in space, where they can make people miss, will thrive in this offense. No more late hand offs behind the line of scrimmage, where the runner gets swallowed up by the defense.

Now that one of Dino's 1st commits is an electric player from California who flipped away from Arizona is it safe to say we recruit nationally ?

Dino has a reputation that can attract kids from all 50 states. It's a beautiful thing

Kid looks like a sick athlete, will be interested to see him after a RS year (I'm guessing he RS's but who knows with our WR corps).

Now lock up Cooper!

Now that one of Dino's 1st commits is an electric player from California who flipped away from Arizona is it safe to say we recruit nationally ?

Dino has a reputation that can attract kids from all 50 states. It's a beautiful thing
No. He got this kid because their was a prior connection to the HS coaching staff and Arizona wanted him to gray shirt.

Sean, welcome to the Syracuse Football family! Go Orange!

sean riley 28411148.jpg

Speed~speed~speed

No. He got this kid because their was a prior connection to the HS coaching staff and Arizona wanted him to gray shirt.
Coach has 30+ years of connections, and relationships he has made, has to help in recruiting. Being able to get a foot in the door is the first step.

Coach has 30+ years of connections, and relationships he has made, has to help in recruiting. Being able to get a foot in the door is the first step.
I agree and that is what helped in at Narbonne. I was responding to the he can attract kids from all 50 states comment.

I agree and that is what helped in at Narbonne. I was responding to the he can attract kids from all 50 states comment.

So, you don't think that he can recruit from all 50?

What makes it a great flip was that his high school coach played at Arizona and he flips from them. Speaks volume about how much respect he has for Dino.

Personally I don't. Recruiting is all about relationships...unless of course you are a program like Bama.
That's what I was implying in my last post, we will never recruit all 50 states.

Unless something very unexpected happens, everyone's in until Riley signs tonight, right?