Class of 2016 - RB Yeedee Thaenrat (PA) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Yeedee Thaenrat (PA)

His name reminds me of hasheem thabeet, for reasons I don't entirely understand. As a result I have this weird negative vibe on the kid without knowing one thing about him.

How do you actually pronounce his last name?

Liberian King @YeedeeThaenrat · 10h 10 hours ago
The more offers you get the harder it is to make your Decision . So far I've heard a lot of the same stuff ! Saw a lot of great places
1f629.png
1f629.png

Should I assume this guy, at that size, is being recruited for more of an H-back role?

So basically, he's being recruited against a guy like Tyler Thompson, rather than Washington?

jekelish said:
Should I assume this guy, at that size, is being recruited for more of an H-back role? So basically, he's being recruited against a guy like Tyler Thompson, rather than Washington?

I'm not sure about that. At least his highlights don't really show him making many catches. I really like this kid. He's got speed on speed. I actually think he could potentially be a better prospect at safety. For a running back, especially one with smaller stature he really doesn't show much of a wiggle, or cutting ability. He basically just relies on his speed to get to the edge, and then it's a wrap. While he does have speed to burn I'm not sure how thst will transfer over to the college level. Defensively he shows he's not afraid to lower the boom, and Shamarko proved that you can be successful at his size. Either way I'll take him at either position. Elite speed like that is hard to find.

I'm not sure about that. At least his highlights don't really show him making many catches. I really like this kid. He's got speed on speed. I actually think he could potentially be a better prospect at safety. For a running back, especially one with smaller stature he really doesn't show much of a wiggle, or cutting ability. He basically just relies on his speed to get to the edge, and then it's a wrap. While he does have speed to burn I'm not sure how thst will transfer over to the college level. Defensively he shows he's not afraid to lower the boom, and Shamarko proved that you can be successful at his size. Either way I'll take him at either position. Elite speed like that is hard to find.

Shamarko wasn't 5'8" 181, he was 5'9" and over 210. Huge difference in weight and Shamarko had incredible speed.

His name reminds me of hasheem thabeet, for reasons I don't entirely understand. As a result I have this weird negative vibe on the kid without knowing one thing about him.
I thought of Hasheem Thabeet as well.

Yes, but you also have to remember this is a high school junior. He could easily get to 195 by the time he gets to college, and then up to 210 after a year or two in a college S&C program.

Yep all you can do is recruit on potential, and then it's up to the players work ethic, and coaching up to maximize it. I could be wrong, but I don't think Shark was 210lb as a HS Jr?

Yes, but you also have to remember this is a high school junior. He could easily get to 195 by the time he gets to college, and then up to 210 after a year or two in a college S&C program.

Good point, We can only hope that one of these kids turns into another Shamarko. Will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Shamarko's work ethic was off the charts. Those types dont come around that often
I wouldn't be surprised if anyone told me that Shamarko was off somewhere pushing a Mack truck up a 10 mile hill at a dead sprint right this moment.

"Yep, that sounds about right."

And no ACC teams are not allowed to do off campus camps.

I think the NCAA outlawed schools running camps out of state so now they get around it by sending their staff to be coaches at other schools' camps such as this. Franklin and Ped STate did it last year in Georgia I think.

I'm not sure if the ACC bylaws prevent the Syracuse staff from being invited coaches at say a Colgate or Cortland St camp. I wonder.

I think the NCAA outlawed schools running camps out of state so now they get around it by sending their staff to be coaches at other schools' camps such as this. Franklin and Ped STate did it last year in Georgia I think.

I'm not sure if the ACC bylaws prevent the Syracuse staff from being invited coaches at say a Colgate or Cortland St camp. I wonder.

I believe they are not allowed by the ACC.

They did; partnered with Georgia State.