Re: goal at end of 3rd Quarter... | Syracusefan.com

Re: goal at end of 3rd Quarter...

QManCuse

Walk On
Everybody talking about whether he got it off in time or whether he was in the crease. Irrelevant. Clock showed 4 seconds, ref started the clock, and about 3 seconds ran off before clock moved. Goal should never have counted. Game ball to clock operator.

He landed in the crease.

Unfortunately it's not reviewable.

Everybody talking about whether he got it off in time or whether he was in the crease. Irrelevant. Clock showed 4 seconds, ref started the clock, and about 3 seconds ran off before clock moved. Goal should never have counted. Game ball to clock operator.

Thought the same thing.

I thought same thing... He sprinted about 10-15 yards before the clock started.

QManCuse said:

Me neither I thought he landed in crease and it was closer than the DeJoe decision in the ACC's that got ruled out Stanwick took himself to the crease as he dived, Stanwick's ward a lot also you could hear the coaches shouting "ward" every time he dodged.

With today's focus on concussions and head to head contact, Desko was right to be angry, he should have had a min for the late hit alone and then teh head to head should have made it a two mins non releasable!

what was just as troubling was the fact no one slid over to help out as a pass most likely would have prevented a shot before time ran out.

this team was poor all year on slides.....

I dont agree I think some of the games we slid very well, probably the quickest slide and recover def I have seen, we had to change things yesterday with McDermott which didnt help after practicing this way all week!

I also think that our attitude towards the opposition making runs in the game was wrong, we have been happy to let the other team go on runs all year safe in the knowledge we can come back, yesterday we got out hustled and the clock beat us! We should have broken up their runs and Desko mentioned that he maybe should have put two offensive players on the wing sooner (he put Lecky and Schoonie on the wing so that they couldnt switch off if we got possession) or tried a pole to tie them up at face-off.

what was troubling to me was how badly (and easily) Mullins got beat in letting Stanwick even get to the cage.

i think with less than 10 seconds or whatever coaches should think about zoning on the ball. in other words mullins should not have been anywhere near the ball carrier but back on the crease. the only way you could possible score in that situation is forcing a pass into coverage and hoping to get lucky.

Last edited:
what was troubling to me was how badly (and easily) Mullins got beat in letting Stanwick even get to cage.

I think with less than 10 seconds or whatever coaches should think about zoning on the ball. in other words mullins should not have been anywhere near the ball carrier back back on the crease. the only way you could possible score in that situation is forcing a pass into coverage and hoping to get lucky.

Well that's exactly what Hop did to us, when we had the ball behind with Rice, Randy or Dylan they called "4", they had a 4 man zone look low inside and pushed the other two Def men behind to deal with Rice and Donahue

I thought they should have let Randy go a little more (sooner) on their 3rd def rather than going with Dylan and Rice.

Well that's exactly what Hop did to us, when we had the ball behind with Rice, Randy or Dylan they called "4", they had a 4 man zone look low inside and pushed the other two Def men behind to deal with Rice and Donahue

I thought they should have let Randy go a little more (sooner) on their 3rd def rather than going with Dylan and Rice.

i didn't even know staats was in the game until the second half. i definitely agree they should have let him go a little more as well.

what was troubling to me was how badly (and easily) Mullins got beat in letting Stanwick even get to the cage.

i think with less than 10 seconds or whatever coaches should think about zoning on the ball. in other words mullins should not have been anywhere near the ball carrier but back on the crease. the only way you could possible score in that situation is forcing a pass into coverage and hoping to get lucky.

Totally agree here. Mullins has got to know with 5 seconds left this guy is going to the cage or throwing a hail mary pass.The way (how easily) he got beat by Stanwick was most disturbing.Almost no resistance from Mullins (our number 1 defender).Just play defense for 5 seconds!...To your comment about coaches going to a zone. Totally agree. Just call a timeout to stop the quick restart. This is almost exactly what happened four years ago when Maryland scored on us in a NCAA quater-final game 4 years ago at the end of the 3rd quarter. I knew yesterday we were in deep dudu after that goal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom