Realignment - where the wind comes whistling | Syracusefan.com

Realignment - where the wind comes whistling

UCONN should join the WCC - they'd be happy there with all those basketball only schools. :cool:

The B1G FanBoys are all excited thinking 4-6 ACC teams are coming to the B1G this summer...reminds me of 2012-14 blogs and tweets

http://www.testudotimes.com/2016/4/10/11399802/b1g-expansion-primer-of-rumors-and-facts
I want 5 minutes back in my life. I should have stopped reading after "If FSU leaves, then any school can leave, and trust me, the ACC without Florida State isn't much, yes Clemson was in the national title game, but Clemson isn't Florida State, heck they're not even Georgia Tech." :rolleyes:

Every 'assumption' this clown makes about the ACC is tenuous at best, but mostly ridiculous. Bunch of tripe.

I want 5 minutes back in my life. I should have stopped reading after "If FSU leaves, then any school can leave, and trust me, the ACC without Florida State isn't much, yes Clemson was in the national title game, but Clemson isn't Florida State, heck they're not even Georgia Tech." :rolleyes:

Every 'assumption' this clown makes about the ACC is tenuous at best, but mostly ridiculous. Bunch of tripe.

I stopped reading this crap a long time ago. No different than dude of West Virginia, Clay Travis, or Frank the Tank. Just throwing crap against a wall.

Horrible article that completely misses basic political ramifications.

- Va Tech goes nowhere without UVa, who both go nowhere due to Grant in Rights.
- Florida will never, ever let in Florida State.
- Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are a package deal, unless Ok State has a landing ground in another P5 conference, which isn't likely without OU coming as well.
- Texas and Texas Tech are bound together. TT has a lot more political power in Texas than many people realize.
- Why the hell is New Mexico State mentioned so often but Colorado State isn't mentioned once, who has actually been considered for the Big XII.
- UConn isn't getting into a P5 conference. They've been officially relegated to the island of misfit toys.
- The ACC isn't going to 16 and not leave a place for Notre Dame in the hope that wish ever comes true.

This is basics. Just a terrible article.

- Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are a package deal, unless Ok State has a landing ground in another P5 conference, which isn't likely without OU coming as well.
- Texas and Texas Tech are bound together. TT has a lot more political power in Texas than many people realize.
- Why the hell is New Mexico State mentioned so often but Colorado State isn't mentioned once, who has actually been considered for the Big XII.
- UConn isn't getting into a P5 conference. They've been officially relegated to the island of misfit toys.
- The ACC isn't going to 16 and not leave a place for Notre Dame in the hope that wish ever comes true.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln

What needs to be kept in mind with all these wacky scenarios - UNC and UVa will not make the first move that will cause the ACC to fold.

I said on another board, our soccer coaches are not looking forward to those November games in Madison and the cost of sending the UNC field hockey team to Iowa City once every 5 years or so is a lot more manageable than the cost of sending them there every other year.

I hope nobody got paid for that, for I think I have posted all that here at 1 time or another.

so has alsacs.

I'm a sucker for realignment talk, but 99% of the articles leave me with this feeling...

59133489.jpg

To make the 1%, two of the following are required (but still might not be enough):
- Written by an actual journalist, rather than a handle on a message board or pseudonews site like Bleacher Report
- Names or quotes sources that are officials of affected schools/conferences
- Presents simple scenarios that make sense for both the schools moving and the conferences that they go to. Anything too wide-ranging or convoluted would quickly become common knowledge due to massive leak potential.

I stopped reading this crap a long time ago. No different than dude of West Virginia, Clay Travis, or Frank the Tank. Just throwing crap against a wall.
I used to follow Frank the Tank just to read the comments.

The best line is where the writer claims that the B1G will pay out $70-90 MM/team/year. Why would any business agree to bay 2X, 3X or 4X what they are paying now for the same product? You and I will not pay 3X the price for a car, why would ESPN or FOX? There simply is not enough market to support that (see ESPN drawing down!).

The idea that more eyes (increase market) are going to watch less games (squeezing out P5 teams leaves less games/inventory to be watched) and make more money is really naive.

Another great moronic assumption is that NY does not exist. The NY State TV market has the most important market (See NYC!) and Upstate is roughly the size of any other state under consideration except Texas. Nobody thinks Rutgers carries NYC or any part of NY. The only school in the state with nationwide exposure is Syracuse and supposedly Syracuse will land nowhere (a.k.a. AAC) while WVU will be landing in a P5!

It is painfully obvious that too many people really do not look at the big picture and focus on one particular fact or another. What is missing in virtually all of these wacky schemes is that TV money is really not as much in the overall budget of a school (yes, within the AD, it can 12-20%, or even approach half the budget at a small school like Wake) but in relation to a billion dollar+ entity. Making a move for $5MM or even $10MM generally is not worth the hassle at that level. Stability generally will outperform chasing the dollar in the long run.

I remember when my first 'Oklahoma to the Big Ten' post got picked up by someone on Twitter. Good times.

Also, I'm still hearing it's imminent.

Unless things change, of course.
I think it's about time we "break" another story. But what hasn't been rumored by now that we can recognize when it goes viral?

I think it's about time we "break" another story. But what hasn't been rumored by now that we can recognize when it goes viral?
Rutgirls to the Ivy League?

I long for the days when every jackass on Twitter wasn't well versed in GoRs or Tier 1/2/3 rights.