Realistic win/loss | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Realistic win/loss

We'll win 6 games in the first half of the year and then we'll pick up the pace and win 9 in the second half of the season after the all-star break

Last season was as depressing a season there was for me w my expectations. I could see 3 wins easily if last year wasn't an aberration and Shafer isn't a coach who can coax losses into wins. I haven't seen it yet. September will tell me alot about how we "make the putts" and put ourselves into position to win late in the season.

If September goes bad, this thing will unravel quickly.

To hedge myself i'm going with 4-5 wins. Hoping i'm really wrong.

6-6 as this time Cam McPherson catches the throwback for a TD in the final seconds to beat BC.

Last season was as depressing a season there was for me w my expectations. I could see 3 wins easily if last year wasn't an aberration and Shafer isn't a coach who can coax losses into wins. I haven't seen it yet. September will tell me alot about how we "make the putts" and put ourselves into position to win late in the season.

If September goes bad, this thing will unravel quickly.

To hedge myself i'm going with 4-5 wins. Hoping i'm really wrong.

Unravel? If September goes bad, we're looking at an 8 or 9 loss season.

The only way for this team to qualify for bowl eligibility with six or more wins is to start off 3-0 prior to that LSU road game. If we stub our toe against the likes of RI / CMU / WF, put a fork in the season and in HCSS's job.

If we're sitting at 3-1 after LSU, then things get interesting -- will the quick start enable the team to gel, and to capitalize on winnable road games against USF and UVa? Need to get one of those, IMO.

6-6, with an outside chance of 7-5.

RF2044 said:
Unravel? If September goes bad, we're looking at an 8 or 9 loss season. The only way for this team to qualify for bowl eligibility with six or more wins is to start off 3-0 prior to that LSU road game. If we stub our toe against the likes of RI / CMU / WF, put a fork in the season and in HCSS's job. If we're sitting at 3-1 after LSU, then things get interesting -- will the quick start enable the team to gel, and to capitalize on winnable road games against USF and UVa? Need to get one of those, IMO. 6-6, with an outside chance of 7-5.

Yep, a 3-0 start is critical. It's conceivable that if we start slow, but get much better as the season progresses... we end up 4-8.

The bottom line is that if we're not 3-0 going into LSU then there is something broken in the program. This is as cream-filled a cupcake opening to the season as I have ever seen in my 23 years of SU fandom.

Every season is a brand new unique set of games. In other words - last season don't mean crap. At my age, you have to be an optomist so, let the word go forth from this time and place 8-5!!!

Every season is a brand new unique set of games. In other words - last season don't mean crap. At my age, you have to be an optomist so, let the word go forth from this time and place 8-5!!!

Here, here!

image.jpg

Likely win - rhode island , cmu, wake, usf, Virginia, pitt, florida state, louisville, nc state, bc
Toss up - lsu, clemson

We'll probably get one of the toss up games becasue history's says it can go either way.

Looking like 11-2

5-7 just like 2011. This time the late skid will be due to the schedule, and not St. Doug.

Some combination of 12. Or maybe 13. It won't be 14.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom