Class of 2017 - Realistic Wish List for Class of 2017 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Realistic Wish List for Class of 2017

Latest on our eleven '17 recruits...

Green - SU in final 9; visited plenty
Randolph - SU in final 4; just visited
Tucker - SU in final 8; no visit set yet
Walker - SU in final 5; no visit set yet
Coleman - SU in final 5; o.visit is setup

Bamba, Richards, Diallo - haven't cut their lists yet

Brissett - no list yet but may visit soon; JB just visited

Sidibe - no list or visit set; coaches visiting

Thompson - no list or visit set

Well it seems that Syracuse most assuredly has a propensity for making FINAL 4s both in March at the end of the season and during the midst of the recruiting season!!!
Now let's just get over that final hump or two and bring bring 'em all back to the Loud House!!!!

PG -- Green, one of the top floor generals in the nation. We're positioned strongly

SG -- Randolph, reports of his commitment to WF are premature

SF -- Tucker, the top guy at 3 on our board, and NY native. He'd be a quality "get" at the position, and could start as a frosh

PF -- Oshae Brisset, might be more of a combo forward who could play either position down the road

C -- Bourama Sidibe, just a hunch that this is the player we land, adding to an already loaded frontcourt

5th year transfer -- not sure who this will be, but most likely a wing who can step right in and play

This would be an outstanding class, even if we miss out on a handful of top 25 types with whom we were once involved. To me, we need Green and 2 wing players who are instant scorers. Randolph and Tucker could play together, just like we've usually had two (or ideally three) guys who can hit that three ball from outside and stretch the defense. And I agree that we need one more big man, and it would make great sense to use a fifth year guy to fill in whatever gaps we have, either at point or on the wing.

Will we ever have another guy start more than one year at PG? And if we do, is it a good or bad thing?
That's the thing, if it means a Final Four every 2-3 years, I think we would all take it, but it sure is nice to watch a player develop once in a while.

I'm not going to lie -- I'm starting to get a little worried about 2017, only because we knew we had a bunch of spots opening up and envisioned a "monster class" for JB's last run. Still could happen, but the pickings are getting a bit slim. Obviously we need QG and things could go from there -- but we also absolutely need one of these 2Gs.

I'm not going to lie -- I'm starting to get a little worried about 2017, only because we knew we had a bunch of spots opening up and envisioned a "monster class" for JB's last run. Still could happen, but the pickings are getting a bit slim. Obviously we need QG and things could go from there -- but we also absolutely need one of these 2Gs.
I'm with you. I wish that our list of targets was a little bit longer. I'd be OK with a few more back up plans, especially at the guard positions.

Yes, in poker parlance, we can still make a winning hand on the river but I wish we had more outs.

Latest on our eleven '17 recruits...

Green - SU in final 9; visited plenty
Randolph - SU in final 4; just visited
Tucker - SU in final 8; no visit set yet
Walker - SU in final 5; no visit set yet
Coleman - SU in final 5; o.visit is setup

Bamba, Richards, Diallo - haven't cut their lists yet

Brissett - no list yet but may visit soon; JB just visited

Sidibe - no list or visit set; coaches visiting

Thompson - no list or visit set

Update...
We're in Bamba's top 7 and in Richard's top 5.

Still no lists or official visits set for Diallo, Brissett, or Sidibe.

No surprise, but we are out on Thompson.

Yes, in poker parlance, we can still make a winning hand on the river but I wish we had more outs.

I don't think that's accurate. We have a pretty strong hand with some of these guys, and are not looking for a gut-shot straight on the river.

I don't think that's accurate. We have a pretty strong hand with some of these guys, and are not looking for a gut-shot straight on the river.

Yeah, we do have a strong hand. I don't think we are looking for a gutshot, but I do wish we had a pat hand by now with more cards we can catch than we can. If some of these guys don't decide to play their hand soon, I might call the clock on them.

I look at it this way: we are drawing to the ace high flush on a paired board. Do other teams already have a set? Will our flush come and will it be good enough? I'm a little concerned that the other teams might fill up before we get our flush.

Last edited:
Yeah, we do have a strong hand. I don't think we are looking for a gutshot, but I do wish we had a pat hand by now with more cards we can catch than we can. If some of these guys don't decide to play their hand soon, I might call the clock on them.
I don't understand most of what you guys are talking about with the poker lingo, but I just hope we don't end up playing go fish in the end.

As of right now I feel comfortable saying we get Green, Randolph, Tucker, Brissett.
Obviously we will need to get more than these players but these are the players we are front runners for right now

It does seem like the guard/wing situation is becoming clear. :)

I'm really interested to see how things go with Richards after the UK visit, do we have a legit shot with Bamba if Richards picks UK, ect?

I wonder if we have a real chance with Walker as well.

Would Wright come to SU this season and possibly red-shirt rather than prep? We will need a lot of new bodies next season.

It does seem like the guard/wing situation is becoming clear. :)

I'm really interested to see how things go with Richards after the UK visit, do we have a legit shot with Bamba if Richards picks UK, ect?

I wonder if we have a real chance with Walker as well.

Would Wright come to SU this season and possibly red-shirt rather than prep? We will need a lot of new bodies next season.

Wright is too good to red shirt IMO. If the numbers don't work out I could see it, but he's better than Brissett and maybe even Tucker at everything besides outside of shooting.

Cusefan0307 said:
Wright is too good to red shirt IMO. If the numbers don't work out I could see it, but he's better than Brissett and maybe even Tucker at everything besides outside of shooting.

And he isn't a bad shooter either. But being so young, maybe he is being advised to prep a year to mature physically and our pitch is to come here and have a year with our strength and conditioning and a year of practice with top notch players to hit the ground running.

I know but he has reclassified to 18 and plans to prep, correct? I was just thinking to with so many spots open would there be a way to get him to SU in the 17 class. I like Wrights game a lot. He looks like a guy with good enough skills to contribute early in his career and be a key cog or even star type player as an upperclassman.

And he isn't a bad shooter either. But being so young, maybe he is being advised to prep a year to mature physically and our pitch is to come here and have a year with our strength and conditioning and a year of practice with top notch players to hit the ground running.

That's sort of what I was thinking and you tell him worst case scenario if it looks like you aren't going to be a regular in the rotation you can red-shirt.

I know but he has reclassified to 18 and plans to prep, correct? I was just thinking to with so many spots open would there be a way to get him to SU in the 17 class. I like Wrights game a lot. He looks like a guy with good enough skills to contribute early in his career and be a key cog or even star type player as an upperclassman.

Yep, he is young. ESPN has him ranked in the top 20 FWIW for 2018.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom