Reasons why the acc network sucks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Reasons why the acc network sucks

he's fine as a CFB guy and studio guy - but he just shouldn't be doing hoops - he can barely keep up, is too interested in his little catch phrases (iron unkind :vomit:) and is one of those PbP guys who neglects to provide rudimentary information on the game that the viewer could use such as foul status and other stats - and being an tobacco road shill doesn't help his cause either
just made a similar post in the other thread! He's a pro for sure, but pretty poor actually calling a game...

Why were they so freekin' excited about Buzz taking notes while he was coaching? They kept calling it tremendous...really? He's writing on a notepad? That's tremendous? I can't imagine how they would have acted if he was using an IPAD.

Don't knock Bojangles! That place is awesome!
Couldn't disagree more. Tried it once down there and wouldn't touch it again unless I had to. And that goes against my own theory of always trying a place at least twice in case they just had a bad day.

I like Gminski and Brando but wish they would do their homework. They talk about TC being our best long shooter. He is now 4th in 3 point percentage.

the bank shot comments were painful. They even called it a bank after watching the replay. I had to rewind it like 5 times to make sure the PBR hadn't kicked in because there was no bank on that shot.

Brando wouldn't let his ATM hilarity go, even after Giminsky basically chastised him for it (uh, that wasn't a bank shot)... so then later on when the dude did bank the 3 of course Brando went absolutely crazy with his hilarious ATM/bank routine... ugh

Brando wouldn't let his ATM hilarity go, even after Giminsky basically chastised him for it (uh, that wasn't a bank shot)... so then later on when the dude did bank the 3 of course Brando went absolutely crazy with his hilarious ATM/bank routine... ugh

I like Gminski and Brando is okay - but yes, I thought I was losing my mind when he called that first one a bank shot.

Game wasn't on TV in Charlotte and my ESPN app on the XBOX One was terrible. From about the 16:00 mark in the first half all the way through I watched the game on my iPhone 5s. First time I've ever done that.

I'm in Charlotte, if you have DirecTV, the game was on channel 792 and it wasn't blacked out as I thought it may be since the local Charlotte affiliate was broadcasting the Clemson-Wake game on channel 55.

the bank shot comments were painful. They even called it a bank after watching the replay. I had to rewind it like 5 times to make sure the PBR hadn't kicked in because there was no bank on that shot.
Yeah, it's like he has his list of clichés he needs to spit out each game - weather it's apropos to the actual situation or not!

Couldn't disagree more. Tried it once down there and wouldn't touch it again unless I had to. And that goes against my own theory of always trying a place at least twice in case they just had a bad day.

The chicken is better than KFC... the one thing KFC has on Bojangles it the cole slaw. Other than that, you may as well just flush KFC down the toilet...

I'm in Charlotte, if you have DirecTV, the game was on channel 792 and it wasn't blacked out as I thought it may be since the local Charlotte affiliate was broadcasting the Clemson-Wake game on channel 55.

Noted! Actually moving into a new place at the end of the month. How do you feel about DirecTV compared to TWC? Get all the Cuse games?

The chicken is better than KFC... the one thing KFC has on Bojangles it the cole slaw. Other than that, you may as well just flush KFC down the toilet...
I don't like KFC either and don't know many that do. For chains Church's, that's about it. Our local grocery store King Soopers has the best chicken hands down out here. It's Chesters, and the spicy chipotle is addicting.

In fairness, the shot clock is union. And the union says 40 minutes is it for the shot clock

I was working in NYC and a guy told me this story. They were setting up a data center and hooking up some network cables. The union guys were about to break for lunch. So my friend says, "is it okay if I keep hooking up these network cables to to the patch panel?" He was in a big hurry to get the build out done. The union guy says, "Sure, go ahead." And the union guys go to lunch. My friend goes to lunch and when he comes back they unions guys took a saws-all and just ran it down the wall and cut all the wires! My friend said, "What happened?" The union guys says, "I don't know, it just broke."

Why were they so freekin' excited about Buzz taking notes while he was coaching? They kept calling it tremendous...really? He's writing on a notepad? That's tremendous? I can't imagine how they would have acted if he was using an IPAD.

Maybe those were not notes on the game. Maybe he was just recording what the voices were saying in his head!

If I were eating Bojangles chicken at the time of the comment I would have barfed. In fact, his commentaries made me not want to eat any fast food chicken.

Noted! Actually moving into a new place at the end of the month. How do you feel about DirecTV compared to TWC? Get all the Cuse games?

I've had DirecTV since 2000. Before that, we lived up in the Lake Norman area and had cable with a company called Prestige Cable, which later was bought out by some other outfit. So, unfortunately, I'm unable to give you any accurate comparison between the two. I've been able to see all the games on DirecTV for the past couple of years since I carry the Sports Pack programming during the college football and basketball seasons.

The only time in the past few years where I've caught a snag is when SU plays the same time as some other Carolina area team and SU is on CBS nationally, the local CBS affiliate here (Channel 3) airs the Carolina area team with the ACC Network/Raycom Sports feed. Even then though usually the CBS affiliate will broadcast the SU (national game) over the digital airway on their 3-2 channel. As long as you have a good antenna to pick up over the airway games, you're golden.

I agree that he looked nervous on camera, which is weird. His microphone hand was shaking like crazy. That could've been nerves but I guess it could have also been Parkinson's.
Some meds make your hands shake too.

I know this game was on ESPN last night, but their coverage was pretty horrible too.

LaPhonso Ellis is the worst. He goes off on these tangents and just keeps talking over all the game play. I want to hear the play by play guy talk about all of our dunks...I swear the first 5 minutes of each half there was virtually no play by play discussion. Painful.

ESPN has a tendency to linger on meaningless graphics and not come back in time for the actual game. Last night that had a graphic up about FSU's football recruiting class and when they came back Silent G had apparently stolen the ball and was moving in for a breakaway dunk. It would have been nice to see the steal - they should have at least shown a replay of what they missed.

I swear they talked way more about FSU than SU. It sorta felt like more ACC bias. They even showed a clip of LaPhonso with 3 guys dressed up like Bacon when they were @ FSU. I think they forgot that SU was the home team last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom