Recent Syracuse First Rounders | Syracusefan.com

Recent Syracuse First Rounders

And only half were McDonalds All Americans. People go crazy over Kentucky getting all these guys drafted, but they are all high school all Americans. Just about every school could get them there. How about Kentucky taking two top ten players and making one a second rounder and the other undrafted?

And only half were McDonalds All Americans. People go crazy over Kentucky getting all these guys drafted, but they are all high school all Americans. Just about every school could get them there. How about Kentucky taking two top ten players and making one a second rounder and the other undrafted?

That's what I've always said, but people (especially recruits) don't seem to believe it. Okafor could have gone to Marist and he'd have been a lottery pick. Coach K is great and no doubt helped him improve his game some, but he didn't "get him into the NBA."

That's what I've always said, but people (especially recruits) don't seem to believe it. Okafor could have gone to Marist and he'd have been a lottery pick. Coach K is great and no doubt helped him improve his game some, but he didn't "get him into the NBA."
Of course. The NBA scours the world for talent. If they can find players in rural Kasakhstan, it's pretty silly to argue that attending a high profile "college" in America, like UK, is necessary to get them NBA "exposure".

2008 - Donte
2009 - Jonny
2010 - Wes
2012 - Dion & Fab
2013 - MCW
2014 - Ennis
2015 - CMac

8 first rounders in 8 years

Funny thing: if we pooled all our players from 2009-2015, I wouldn't pick half these guys as starters for Syracuse.

Funny thing: if we pooled all our players from 2009-2015, I wouldn't pick half of these guys for a ten-man college team.

Also, darn that Rick Jackson for not keeping the streak alive.

Notice that ESPN said nada about the Harrison twins last night. Totally avoided that story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom