Class of 2015 - Recruiting and Social Media | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Recruiting and Social Media

Louie and Bouie

Starter
Feel compelled to post after some of the ridiculousness surrounding Doyle Grimes recent decommitment. Without the necessity of getting into why these decisions are personal to the recruit and the coaching staff (not our business) I am appalled at the negative reactions by a few Syracuse "fans" both on Twitter and the Post-Standard site. The failure to realize that there are human beings (young kids) on the other side of this equation is baffling. The light these fools put on Syracuse University and its sports fans is wholly negative.

The excuse that all "major" program fans engage in this conduct no longer holds water for me. I am pretty certain that those on this site would not participate in such a ridiculous process. However, there is that vocal minority that does.

I would hope that anyone, if they feel it is appropriate, who is active on the above internet sites will call out each and every poster/internet troll who personally attacks a player, recruit, commit or decommit as we move forward. You can do so in a positive and professional manner without the necessity of name calling. Maybe some of these "fans" need to be educated and taught they are not helping the cause and only hurting the program.

Just my two cents.

Louie and Bouie said:
Feel compelled to post after some of the ridiculousness surrounding Doyle Grimes recent decommitment. Without the necessity of getting into why these decisions are personal to the recruit and the coaching staff (not our business) I am appalled at the negative reactions by a few Syracuse "fans" both on Twitter and the Post-Standard site. The failure to realize that there are human beings (young kids) on the other side of this equation is baffling. The light these fools put on Syracuse University and its sports fans is wholly negative. The excuse that all "major" program fans engage in this conduct no longer holds water for me. I am pretty certain that those on this site would not participate in such a ridiculous process. However, there is that vocal minority that does. I would hope that anyone, if they feel it is appropriate, who is active on the above internet sites will call out each and every poster/internet troll who personally attacks a player, recruit, commit or decommit as we move forward. You can do so in a positive and professional manner without the necessity of name calling. Maybe some of these "fans" need to be educated and taught they are not helping the cause and only hurting the program. Just my two cents.

Agreed. Seems like the best course of action is calling them out on Twitter. But I don't want that job ;).

Decommit from anywhere (or commit somewhere over a rival) and a handful of idiots are going to make said school look really stupid. Our number of crazed fools on social media is pretty tiny compared to most schools, but it's still not a good look.

Decommit from anywhere (or commit somewhere over a rival) and a handful of idiots are going to make said school look really stupid. Our number of crazed fools on social media is pretty tiny compared to most schools, but it's still not a good look.

Do I agree with it? Absolutely not, but thats what the kids get when they put everything out there in the open. They want and demand the love and attention when they are deciding where to go, but that means they will also get the other side of things when they turn that school down. These fans don't care about these players unless they are coming to their school. Its just how it is, social media has given everybody a voice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom