Recruiting Articles by Bnoro *New 1/15/2015* | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Articles by Bnoro *New 1/15/2015*

Good article and analysis bnoro on the QB situation and I'm glad someone is in the know on remaining recruiting targets and other offers to save me time on researching it. Thanks Bnoro!

Nice article. The only thing I can envision that would cause someone to drop in the numerical ratings (during the summer before senior year) is if a previously ungraded prospect turned out to be better. If it's shuffling of the deck chairs amongst knowns, though, then that has an aroma.
I mean, that's clearly what forces the downgrade, but there were 27 ungraded prospects better than Conway? Not a chance.

I mean, that's clearly what forces the downgrade, but there were 27 ungraded prospects better than Conway? Not a chance.
I express no opinion on the specifics of any prospect (due to lack of knowledge). Was responding only to the hypothetical of the situation. :)

Nice work Ben. I really enjoy reading your stuff, especially as it relates to recruiting. Keep up the good work!

I'll second that.

bnoro, I'm a huge recruiting fan, and have really appreciated these breakdowns. Its one thing to outline who we're recruiting at various positions, but quite another to break down the current roster, project what things will look like on the roster a year or two from now, and fold that back into an analysis of the staff's recruiting strategy.

Nicely done. Keep up the great work, as these are interesting reads that this recruitnik appreciates.

Some critique on the 2 articles and I do like them by the way, heck I read most stories about the Orange this time of year. Scouting sites are what they are, period. You can down play the star system (Yes, it is extreamly flawed) all you want to, I will tell you right now, the moment SU brings in a 5 star nationally recognized player, the fan base will go nuts. (heck they already go nuts when we get a solid 4) And, to be fair and open minded about the whole deal, we are doing many of the same things they are, going out evaluating talent, getting a call from a coach or someone with a good lead, but we can't be everywhere and don't have unlimited resources either, so utilization of these sites should be and are, IMO, part of the evaluation process ANY school should use as a TOOL in their recruiting program. Lastly, IMO it was a big deal having a historic 10 men raised to three stars, and it doesn't mean "anything". What it means is Syracuse is finally getting a little respect in how and who they recruit. And welcome to the recruiting world in reporting, I see Daivon came through for you on the 11th, just saying, no one has it right and you have to deal with all of us when you are wrong. He may very well come here, but according to many scout sites, he is a Rutgers lean, heavily so and I know you have been saying all along he's our guy, so we'll just have to see.
Agree or disagree with me, and I know you and I have had our...lets say difference in opinions down the road, and I do wish you the best of luck at the nation, just remember we criticize others for their reporting and it works both ways. :)

Some critique on the 2 articles and I do like them by the way, heck I read most stories about the Orange this time of year. Scouting sites are what they are, period. You can down play the star system (Yes, it is extreamly flawed) all you want to, I will tell you right now, the moment SU brings in a 5 star nationally recognized player, the fan base will go nuts. (heck they already go nuts when we get a solid 4) And, to be fair and open minded about the whole deal, we are doing many of the same things they are, going out evaluating talent, getting a call from a coach or someone with a good lead, but we can't be everywhere and don't have unlimited resources either, so utilization of these sites should be and are, IMO, part of the evaluation process ANY school should use as a TOOL in their recruiting program. Lastly, IMO it was a big deal having a historic 10 men raised to three stars, and it doesn't mean "anything". What it means is Syracuse is finally getting a little respect in how and who they recruit. And welcome to the recruiting world in reporting, I see Daivon came through for you on the 11th, just saying, no one has it right and you have to deal with all of us when you are wrong. He may very well come here, but according to many scout sites, he is a Rutgers lean, heavily so and I know you have been saying all along he's our guy, so we'll just have to see.
Agree or disagree with me, and I know you and I have had our...lets say difference in opinions down the road, and I do wish you the best of luck at the nation, just remember we criticize others for their reporting and it works both ways. :)
I clearly said what you said at the bottom of the article. Thanks for reading half though.

Also for the staff to use Mike Farrell or Brian Dohn's evaluation when neither of those guys has any credentials to evaluate talent would be very stupid. The sites are useful tools for their articles, nothing else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom