Recruiting Forum? | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Forum?

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
What about making a forum strictly to talk about Syracuse Basketball recruiting? Other teams' sites do this, and have tacked threads for prospects. It's easy to go and find out info about recruits or commits and see every comment, highlight video etc. on the player when it's set up like that.

It seems every day someone asks Francis or Jake a question about a recruit because the recruiting threads get buried. The same questions about the same players get asked day after day. This might clean up the basketball page quite a bit. :noidea:

It's borderline heresey to admit a good idea from there, but the GTown board had individual threads for the recruitment of specific players (ex. we could have an official Ennis thread, a Whitehead thread, etc)

It's borderline heresey to admit a good idea from there, but the GTown board had individual threads for the recruitment of specific players (ex. we could have an official Ennis thread, a Whitehead thread, etc)
Exactly. A lot of other boards have this feature, and it's a good idea instead of every couple days someone starting a new thread on Ennis or Jefferson or Anya

Well make it so.
Lay done the ground rules and tack them to the top.
One for basketball and one for football? One thread per prospect, with strict enforcement? Tom Emery, are you okay with this?

I'm not against it but the sites that I have seen that have it and it gets heavy traffic are sites with much larger communities. The positive would be making it easier to find threads on recruiting only since it would collect them all in one place. If we decided to do it, I would venture one board for football and basketball separately but not separate threads by recruit. That would probably get too unwieldy to regulate/manage.

Now's the time to do it if you are going to do it. Recruiting is really going to start heating up.

I'm not against it but the sites that I have seen that have it and it gets heavy traffic are sites with much larger communities. The positive would be making it easier to find threads on recruiting only since it would collect them all in one place. If we decided to do it, I would venture one board for football and basketball separately but not separate threads by recruit. That would probably get too unwieldy to regulate/manage.
That's a good point. I think just having a recruiting board would clean up the basketball/football pages significantly. Even if there were 10 Tyler Ennis threads, they would be much easier to find on a recruiting board than the regular bball board. Not many people are willing to look beyond the front page before asking a question about a recruit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom