Recruiting in NY | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting in NY

the problem isn't that we aren't getting the top NYS kids, its that the top NYS kids aren't lined up at the gate begging to play for us

If New York's top recruits wouldn't sniff Top 100 in Florida or Top 50 in New Jersey, should we still go for them>

You know what they say about "ifs?" I stated in my post that in the realm of things it doesn't matter where we get our recruits from, as long as we get them. I realize NYS isn't a hot bed for recruits, but with SU's continued marketing efforts as New York State's team, it's a bit amusing considering their lack of prowess in attaining the ones worth getting.

the problem isn't that we aren't getting the top NYS kids, its that the top NYS kids aren't lined up at the gate begging to play for us

THIS. Exactly.

It doesn't matter one whit how much we want the top NYS kids - it's how much they want (or rather, don't want) us.

Hopefully Dino and staff and the current results and uptick in perception of the program will help change that.

related:
I want to date the top supermodels in NYS.
Still can't get any to give me a verbal. :p

We have to win in order to get the top NYS kids, it also gives us a better chance to get them if we can develop and win with a few NYS kids that werent highly thought of.

It really doesn't matter where the kids come from you know, right?

Duke football doesn't own NC. Stamford football doesn't own CA. Same with Northwestern and IL.

About the only NY kid that legit could have maybe helping save this program from going into the abyss was Paulus because of his position. Perhaps Chad Kelly is going to make a claim to be on that list, as well.

NY isn't Syracuse's roster problem. Now it's attendance issues...
Why would a school in Bangladesh own California?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom