Recruiting news | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting news

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
Visits:

1) Allen Trieu@AllenTrieu
Detroit Catholic Central (Mich.) OL Derek Edwards visiting #Toledo, #Syracuse and #Maryland in the next week.

2) John Stepac, DE from Mentor (Ohio) Lake Catholic received an offer and visited last week

3) Sam Zeff, OL from Montclair (N.J.) High visited last week

Showing interest:
  • John Van Allen, ATH from Avon Old Farms (CT) considering a visit.
  • Brandon Bell, LB from Mays Landing (N.J.) Oakcrest will visit
  • Shawn Watkins, OL from Melvindale (Mich.) Academy of Business and Technology wants to camp at SU

Visits:

1) Allen Trieu@AllenTrieu
Detroit Catholic Central (Mich.) OL Derek Edwards visiting #Toledo, #Syracuse and #Maryland in the next week.

2) John Stepac, DE from Mentor (Ohio) Lake Catholic received an offer and visited last week

3) Sam Zeff, OL from Montclair (N.J.) High visited last week

Showing interest:
  • John Van Allen, ATH from Avon Old Farms (CT) considering a visit.
  • Brandon Bell, LB from Mays Landing (N.J.) Oakcrest will visit
  • Shawn Watkins, OL from Melvindale (Mich.) Academy of Business and Technology wants to camp at SU

Good stuff.

Don't be surprised to see Akron in on a lot of kids we are looking at.

Good stuff.

Don't be surprised to see Akron in on a lot of kids we are looking at.

Yes. It will be very interesting to see what happens at Akron with Bowden as coach and Tressel lurking in the background.

My roommate went to Detroit Catholic Central. Some good players come out of there. Michigan's defensive captain last year (Mike Martin) played there.

Yes. It will be very interesting to see what happens at Akron with Bowden as coach and Tressel lurking in the background.

how do the facilities at akron stack up against su ?

I don't know about their athletic facilities, but their campus has building with giant holes in the walls. The stadium is pretty nice for a MAC team. Almost has a nice minor league baseball feel to it.

Akron opened a new football stadium in 2008.

It also has a very nice indoor practice facility that was built in 2004.

The school just completed a $300 million infrastructure project that included the constructition of about ten new buildings on campus.

The student population is over 24,000.

Most don't realize it but MAC schools probably have the same or even more financial resources than Syracuse University.

Attachments

• Akron.jpg
    Akron.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 99
Akron opened a new football stadium in 2008.

It also has a very nice indoor practice facility that was built in 2004.

The school just completed a $300 million infrastructure project that included the constructition of about ten new buildings on campus.

The student population is over 24,000.

Most don't realize it but MAC schools probably have the same or even more financial resources than Syracuse University.

Wow and they still didn't put a full field in their practice facility. Looks very nice but still Oh Lord to an 80 yard field w/ half of an endzone.

clown

it was a question - you got issues with a simple question ?

how in the world did you come to the conclusion it was some negative post?

you may have some anger issues to look at

Wow and they still didn't put a full field in their practice facility. Looks very nice but still Oh Lord to an 80 yard field w/ half of an endzone.

Yeah, but it appears that Akron has spent much more money on its football program than SU has since 2004.

And we're talking about Akron for gosh sakes!

Yeah, but it appears that Akron has spent much more money on its football program than SU has since 2004.

Must be that thriving Ohio economy!

Seriously though, you're right. Good for them but moreso very very poor on our part.

Maybe Akron needs to reassess their priorities.

Don't underestimate Ohio kids wanting to stay in Ohio. It's kind of like Texas that way. I spend a lot of time there, as my wife's family is from there, and it is really insular in it's thinking. "Ohio rules all." Not criticizing it (much). Just is what it is.

Don't think Stepac had a formal written offer - more like a conditional offer based upon other prospects, ie Ebo.

I don't like this at all.

After Chris Christie eats the Buttgers program whole, we need to pass the hat on a collection and pay him to eat akron too...

I don't like this at all.

After Chris Christie eats the Buttgers program whole, we need to pass the hat on a collection and pay him to eat akron too...

Timing is everything. Akron hit the sweet spot in their infrastructures campaign. Major cuts across the board in Ohio colleges these days.

But didn't the databases say we offered?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

conditional offers and verbal offers are offers, whether he could commit or not is unknown.

it's time to let it go though.

But didn't the databases say we offered?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to try to avoid the stars / offers pissing match du jour. That Licata kid out of Buffalo had an offer for 30 minutes last year. I guess you can view that offer either way.

Our DE need is not as dire as the Hilliard to Milford move was a bit of a surprise. That pushed some prospects down the board a rung or two - my guess is we bring in 2 DE's this year and perhaps a hybrid DE/LB ala Washington. With Hilliard in the fold, we have room for one more. At this point is appears Ebo or bust.