Recruiting Responsibilities | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Responsibilities

We should be pointing the finger at JB. He should have been out recruiting and holding down the recruits we had favored our way, instead of trying to win his third gold medal at the Olympics
Dude you don't freaking get it. Some of these kids are bought and paid for especially when UK and Dook are involved.

We all still loving gmac as the head recruiter?

I honesty don't not know his role and who he's brought in compared to the other coaches, but accountability needs to be had after this recruiting cycle is over with.

I honesty don't not know his role and who he's brought in compared to the other coaches, but accountability needs to be had after this recruiting cycle is over with.
He was/is being groomed to take over the recruiting lead. Was never sold.

Dude you don't freaking get it. Some of these kids are bought and paid for especially when UK and Dook are involved.
I think we should leave the building when they show up.

We're a top 10 program with arguably the #1 venue in college basketball. At some point expectations are not arrogance.
The venue is actually kind of a problem. The Dome and residences are a joke.

There is a reason that you aren't impressed. He hasn't done anything. Walker. Green. We have made this mistake before. We had trouble recruiting when we had Orr and Fine on the road. Weaver and Murphy thought Syracuse was a lead school and could land anyone. We seem defensive now. Now, things have changed. Duke and Kentucky are at a level that no one else is. I think we should be in that league with what we have.
Well technically Gmac had Quade committed...until...

The venue is actually kind of a problem. The Dome and residences are a joke.
I agree but you can't joke about 35,000 people in orange. We could get 55,000 to a game if we wanted, easily.

By choosing Kentucky in a close call between the two schools, Green knows he left some people over at Syracuse a little disappointed.

“It was really tough,” Green said. “Me and G Mac (Syracuse assistant Gerry McNamara) had really a great, great relationship. Shoutout to G Mac, I broke his heart today but I had to do what I had to do.”

We're a top 10 program with arguably the #1 venue in college basketball. At some point expectations are not arrogance.
I would share your concern if we lost Quade to Temple, but we lost out to UK. They get whomever they want. Have since Cal showed up.

Not impressed with G-Mac's contributions to this program as a coach. We need a bigger name out there on the road for us. He's just not getting the job done, and it's royally screwing us right now.
for the love of god just stop it with this. cmon man.

I would share your concern if we lost Quade to Temple, but we lost out to UK. They get whomever they want. Have since Cal showed up.

And just came across this quote frome PayCal...

Earlier today, Gary Parrish told an amazing story about John Calipari on his radio show on 92.9 FM in Memphis. A few of you alerted us to it, so I checked out the podcast, and wow, you weren’t lying. Parrish told a story about how Cal stole a recruit from another coach and when the coach started spreading rumors about him, Cal confronted him about it, telling him that because he’s Cal and it’s Kentucky, it’s going to happen, so deal with it.

Here’s the prologue in short: Parrish says there was a prominent coach within the last three years that had been recruiting a kid hard, attended over thirty of his games over two years, etc. Calipari came in after seeing the kid once the previous summer and watched him play one game. The recruit then committed to Kentucky. That’s not the craziest part. According to Parrish, the coach started spreading rumors about how Cal must have cheated to get the recruit, that he barely knew his name, etc. So, Cal confronted the coach in Vegas.

Parrish recounts the story, which he says he heard from five different sources:

“100% true, John confronts this guy in Vegas, because he heard the guy was yapping. He confronts him. Cal approaches the coach and says something like ‘Listen, I know what you’ve been saying’

‘No, I haven’t been saying–‘

‘I know you did, I know you said what you said. I’ve heard it from enough people, but I want you to understand one thing. Yes I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy. Don’t accuse me of cheating when I do.

‘I didn’t say–‘

‘Yes you did say that. And it’s fine, but just understand, nothing stupid went on. It’s just that I’m me, and we’re Kentucky and we can come in and get that kid whenever we want.”

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And just came across this quote frome PayCal...

Earlier today, Gary Parrish told an amazing story about John Calipari on his radio show on 92.9 FM in Memphis. A few of you alerted us to it, so I checked out the podcast, and wow, you weren’t lying. Parrish told a story about how Cal stole a recruit from another coach and when the coach started spreading rumors about him, Cal confronted him about it, telling him that because he’s Cal and it’s Kentucky, it’s going to happen, so deal with it.

Here’s the prologue in short: Parrish says there was a prominent coach within the last three years that had been recruiting a kid hard, attended over thirty of his games over two years, etc. Calipari came in after seeing the kid once the previous summer and watched him play one game. The recruit then committed to Kentucky. That’s not the craziest part. According to Parrish, the coach started spreading rumors about how Cal must have cheated to get the recruit, that he barely knew his name, etc. So, Cal confronted the coach in Vegas.

Parrish recounts the story, which he says he heard from five different sources:

“100% true, John confronts this guy in Vegas, because he heard the guy was yapping. He confronts him. Cal approaches the coach and says something like ‘Listen, I know what you’ve been saying’

‘No, I haven’t been saying–‘

‘I know you did, I know you said what you said. I’ve heard it from enough people, but I want you to understand one thing. Yes I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy. Don’t accuse me of cheating when I do.

‘I didn’t say–‘

‘Yes you did say that. And it’s fine, but just understand, nothing stupid went on. It’s just that I’m me, and we’re Kentucky and we can come in and get that kid whenever we want.”

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I used to do sales and did a hell of a job at it, he sounds like a power salesman who's cocky but always comes through with numbers that just seem impossible.

It doesn't have to be $, at this point he walks into the building and kids what what he has, a position on his team.

I used to do sales and did a hell of a job at it, he sounds like a power salesman who's cocky but always comes through with numbers that just seem impossible.

It doesn't have to be $, at this point he walks into the building and kids what what he has, a position on his team.
No one gets the best kids every year without additional help. It's just not possible. From anywhere in the country. Not possible.

No one gets the best kids every year without additional help. It's just not possible. From anywhere in the country. Not possible.

Best facilities, top 5 draft picks every year, amazing production on their midnight madness, star power around the team, on national TV and the rankings every year.

I know people around here don't want to admit anything good UK, but they can offer pretty much and more than any other school in the country.

It helps that Cal passes the look test when it comes to care about his players. If I was a recruit I'd go to UK.

Yeah U.K. Has had down years

I agree but you can't joke about 35,000 people in orange. We could get 55,000 to a game if we wanted, easily.

I doubt it but too many games the Dome is a morgue. Like for Colgate. The lame starting lineup intros, lame pregame buzz/energy, etc. I know there is that whole lighting issue but somebody needs to figure something out. Get it done. Get the students closer to the floor. Get it done. Recruits care about that stuff. I know it's stupid but they care.

By choosing Kentucky in a close call between the two schools, Green knows he left some people over at Syracuse a little disappointed.

“It was really tough,” Green said. “Me and G Mac (Syracuse assistant Gerry McNamara) had really a great, great relationship. Shoutout to G Mac, I broke his heart today but I had to do what I had to do.”
And what did you have to do that you couldn't have done it a SU? I really want to know that.

Best facilities, top 5 draft picks every year, amazing production on their midnight madness, star power around the team, on national TV and the rankings every year.

I know people around here don't want to admit anything good UK, but they can offer pretty much and more than any other school in the country.

It helps that Cal passes the look test when it comes to care about his players. If I was a recruit I'd go to UK.
Ya you would take their money too. If he is that good of a player, he would get draft as early at SU as he will at UK.

Ya you would take their money too. If he is that good of a player, he would get draft as early at SU as he will at UK.

They wouldn't have to offer money. Take the Orange colored glasses off, as much as we all love this team not everyone wants to come here and players may want to go somewhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom