Recruiting Updates | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

if you guys ever want to discuss non SU targets then that will be fine in this thread.
bush-huh.jpg

Love it, good stuff. Years ago when I got interested in the area of recruiting, I would drive to a downtown newstand where I would buy the latest issue of "Eastern Basketball". Only place where I could find it and I eventually got smart and got a subscription. It came out every month or so and had great recruiting tidbits and stories. The internet and guys like Francis put that to shame and feed my recruiting interests on a daily/weekly basis.

Thanks, bud! I definitely want to keep an eye on as always with Louisville's work. Seems like Pitino would be a GREAT coach to play for and their style of ball seems appealing. I have been impressed with how they have developed players there. Dieng, Russ Smith, Hancock (transfer), Kevin Ware before the injury. Those guys weren't stud recruits.

2015 and Diallo seems much more important at center then 2014. Feel one of Christmas or Dajuan will still be here. If not then im sure the heat will be put on Goodluck by our staff. Just can't see us losing him if there is a huge need for him, especially with our long pursue . Good work as usual Francis. Unless im missing something, do you know of any other center's we are eyeing for '14? Just in case.

2015 and Diallo seems much more important at center then 2014. Feel one of Christmas or Dajuan will still be here. If not then im sure the heat will be put on Goodluck by our staff. Just can't see us losing him if there is a huge need for him, especially with our long pursue . Good work as usual Francis. Unless im missing something, do you know of any other center's we are eyeing for '14? Just in case.
I feel that's the case as well. 2015 is loaded with players like Diallo, Diagne, Briscoe, Jones, etc. I could see a scenario where the staff just takes only McCullough and Joseph in 2014, then loads up for a monster 2015, which could end up being JB's last year or Hop's debutmanny.png. Other bigs to look out for in 2014 are Paschal "Pikachu" Chukwu(Cusetown, I got your royalty check in the mail) and Ben Bentil.

Thanks, bud! I definitely want to keep an eye on as always with Louisville's work. Seems like Pitino would be a GREAT coach to play for and their style of ball seems appealing. I have been impressed with how they have developed players there. Dieng, Russ Smith, Hancock (transfer), Kevin Ware before the injury. Those guys weren't stud recruits.
Pitino is bringing in two 5 star guards next season. One being the #1 Juco player and a 5th year prep guard. They already have a consensus top 30 PG committed in 2014 and if they can land Whitehead then wow! We know how Pitino does wonders with 4-5 guards on his roster to pressure and wear teams out. Which is why I believe Joseph is a must get for us. Can't have Tyler getting blitzed for 40 minutes. The more ball handlers, the better as we saw a few seasons ago when Dion, Scoop, and Triche were able to share duties and had no problems handling it.

Heard any more on Thomas Bryant transferring to a prep school? This is gonna be one to watch because he is an absolute must get (right in our backyard). Looks like he'd fit the system perfectly too.

Heard any more on Thomas Bryant transferring to a prep school? This is gonna be one to watch because he is an absolute must get (right in our backyard). Looks like he'd fit the system perfectly too.
Been kind of quiet on that front. Was told that there was talks mid-season that he would leave BK and go prep, but things seem to change after winning the section and state.

I feel that's the case as well. 2015 is loaded with players like Diallo, Diagne, Briscoe, Jones, etc. I could see a scenario where the staff just takes only McCullough and Joseph in 2014, then loads up for a monster 2015, which could end up being JB's last year or Hop's debutView attachment 3416. Other bigs to look out for in 2014 are Paschal "Pikachu" Chukwu(Cusetown, I got your royalty check in the mail) and Ben Bentil.
Arinze's younger brother Chin, could also be another one to keep an eye on as a potential development type that wouldn't get in the way of landing a stud in 2015.

Francis whatever happened to Jason Boswell??? I remember alot of schools were recruiting him bigtime two years ago when he was 6'6. He is up to 6'8 now. Did he commit elsewhere? He still might be worth a look. Playing out there in Long Island with Kuran Iverson I imagine he isn't that far under the radar.

I really hope Mccullough or Roberson have the bounce to play the three. Not to post over and over but Kevon Looney is going to be a stud, wish we were in on him.

Francis whatever happened to Jason Boswell??? I remember alot of schools were recruiting him bigtime two years ago when he was 6'6. He is up to 6'8 now. Did he commit elsewhere? He still might be worth a look. Playing out there in Long Island with Kuran Iverson I imagine he isn't that far under the radar.

I really hope Mccullough or Roberson have the bounce to play the three. Not to post over and over but Kevon Looney is going to be a stud, wish we were in on him.
Yeah I remember Boswell getting a lot of hype a few years ago during his freshman year at St. Patty's, but he never seemed to develop into that big time prospect as some thought. Currently things seem to be a mystery with him, because I haven't heard anything about him in awhile. Plus I think we're done for the 2013 class anyway unless a PG like Barton decides to come.

The Hammer and The Beast definitely have much bounce to play the 3 role, but more in the 3/4 combo variety. If you're looking for a pure 3 for 2014, then keep an eye on Mikal Bridges. He's an 6'7 SF, who has grown about 4 inches during this past season and can do a little bit of everything. He currently plays for Team Final and is considered their version of BJ Johnson this year.

This recruitment is very similar to Tyler Ennis last year. Basically all that's left is for the staff to close and how long Joseph wants to delay inevitable.
That is great to hear, because this kid is a steal. We are talking about adding a starting point guard to a team with a likely established starter. We all know how it can work, based on the past few years, but getting a kid to recognize it while every school is selling him on starting is difficult. Francis, we have talked a bit about Briscoe, but do you think Kaleb effects Isaiah at all?