Recruiting Updates | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

Red is the one that views him as a 1. I think he has earned the right for us to trust his evaluations.
My man. King Red.
1212-gamedayjpg-6477c36e6d03cdb0_medium.jpg

Red is the one that views him as a 1. I think he has earned the right for us to trust his evaluations.
Francis are schools still recruiting hard or just keeping in touch with SU 2015 verbals? Do coaches even respect a kids verbal commit to another school?

Last edited by a moderator:
Francis are schools still recruiting hard or just keeping in touch with SU 2015 verbals? Do coaches even respect a kids verbal commit to another school?
They always keep in touch because no commitment is guaranteed until those LOI papers are signed and faxed. I remember Waiters saying that he almost decomitted and sign with Memphis when Moneybags Cal was still the coach there.

Sharma 2015? Ithought we were done with 15? Bryant or Jones might be possible if someone leaves.

He's much more athletic than Melo was.

I like him.

A true 5 in Sharma. Always liked his game. Needs a little bit more physicality, but has great athleticism. Reminds me a little of Fab coming out of HS, just not as defensive minded.

Worst recruit film sound track ever. OMG that is awful.

That tweet isnt showing on his timeline anymore, weird...and no one else on twitter said he visited

A true 5 in Sharma. Always liked his game. Needs a little bit more physicality, but has great athleticism. Reminds me a little of Fab coming out of HS, just not as defensive minded.

I like him too. Wow actually. He seems more nimble, athletic, coordinated, and fluid than Fab to me. Seems like a poor man's Anthony Davis with strictly his movements. I like him big time. Get him in the weight room and he will be a beast.

I am not quite sold on Sharma. He seems to be pretty athletic and fairly skilled, but when he blocks that shot and crumbles to the ground afterward in his highlight video, it just made me think about what a big ACC center would do to him. He may develop into a monster, but I would like to see a full game against a guy like Diagne. I get the feeling that Diagne would just manhandle Sharma. I am probably wrong, but I figured, what the heck, it is a forum, I might as well voice my opinion. I prefer big men be glass eating, defensive minded brutes with some close to the basket moves. From the videos, Sharma would be good in transition and with open lanes to the basket, but who knows about in the half court.

Late June and 4 top 100 recruits locked up with no open schalarships available, don't the coaches know that this makes the recruiting website not as interesting. :)

I am not quite sold on Sharma. He seems to be pretty athletic and fairly skilled, but when he blocks that shot and crumbles to the ground afterward in his highlight video, it just made me think about what a big ACC center would do to him. He may develop into a monster, but I would like to see a full game against a guy like Diagne. I get the feeling that Diagne would just manhandle Sharma. I am probably wrong, but I figured, what the heck, it is a forum, I might as well voice my opinion. I prefer big men be glass eating, defensive minded brutes with some close to the basket moves. From the videos, Sharma would be good in transition and with open lanes to the basket, but who knows about in the half court.
I didn't see Sharma play this past season so I can't judge him on recent play, but he did play with Kaleb in AAU last year and I got to watch him a few times. My thoughts were pretty much the same as yours. He runs the floor well and is quite athletic, but he lacks strength to hold any weight on the inside and he didn't do much in the half-court setting. There were few times when Kaleb would hit him with a nice pass inside and he would have a hard time finishing in traffic. He does have good upside and once he takes advantage of the weight room and gets stronger he could be a very good player down the road. Plus it never hurts for the staff to continue keeping their options open. Highlight mixes could be very deceiving because he would make 2-3 plays that you would say wow but nothing else throughout the rest of the game. It's easy to chop up a 2 minute clip from 5-6 games where the player only makes a handful of plays and people get excited thinking that they're looking at the next big time prospect.

I didn't see Sharma play this past season so I can't judge him on recent play, but he did play with Kaleb in AAU last year and I got to watch him a few times. My thoughts were pretty much the same as yours. He runs the floor well and is quite athletic, but he lacks strength to hold any weight on the inside and he didn't do much in the half-court setting. There were few times when Kaleb would hit him with a nice pass inside and he would have a hard time finishing in traffic. He does have good upside and once he takes advantage of the weight room and gets stronger he could be a very good player down the road. Plus it never hurts for the staff to continue keeping their options open. Highlight mixes could be very deceiving because he would make 2-3 plays that you would say wow but nothing else throughout the rest of the game. It's easy to chop up a 2 minute clip from 5-6 games where the player only makes a handful of plays and people get excited thinking that they're looking at the next big time prospect.
Dean, did he rebound in traffic?