Recruiting Updates | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

Dean, did he rebound in traffic?
I didn't recall too many Ben Wallace/Rodman like boards in traffic, but he did have good activity and was trying to keep balls alive with tips and such. Like I said I didn't get to see him this past season, so I'm not sure if he got any stronger and was able to hold his own and bang down low.

I didn't recall too many Ben Wallace/Rodman like boards in traffic, but he did have good activity and was trying to keep balls alive with tips and such. Like I said I didn't get to see him this past season, so I'm not sure if he got any stronger and was able to hold his own and bang down low.
Fair enough, if the staff offers him, that is good enough for me. The kid has potential, but most guys either have the physical instinct or they don't and if they don't, they typically don't develop it.

Here goes some measurements from the Durant Camp taking place this weekend out in DC. Heights measured with shoes on. Malachi is basically the same from last year 6'5.5, 193, 6'11 wingspan. Tyler Lydon 6'9.5, 192, 6'10.5 wingspan. Derrick Jones 6'6.5, 185, 6'11 wingspan.

Tyler Lydon 6'9.5, 192, 6'10.5 wingspan.
2 questions: (1) is Lydon still growing? and (2) is that in shoes?

He doesn't have the widest wingspan v. height, but still... if the guy ends up being 6'10"+, with his shooting stroke / range = yikes.

2 questions: (1) is Lydon still growing? and (2) is that in shoes?

He doesn't have the widest wingspan v. height, but still... if the guy ends up being 6'10"+, with his shooting stroke / range = yikes.
Yes, height was measured in shoes. So he's pretty much in the 6'8 range without it, but obviously they don't play the game barefoot ha.

There's a new sheriff in town.
48Hours_New-Sheriff.jpg

is about to get real over the next several weeks with the live period starting today at 5. We'll know who the staff really wants by the players they consistently stalk throughout lol. Here goes a preview and check for updates throughout the day. http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2014/07/79-news-and-notes.html
Staff should have a strong presence at the Reebok, LeBron, and Lawson/Oladipo Camps over the next several days.

is about to get real over the next several weeks with the live period starting today at 5. We'll know who the staff really wants by the players they consistently stalk throughout lol. Here goes a preview and check for updates throughout the day. http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2014/07/79-news-and-notes.html
Staff should have a strong presence at the Reebok, LeBron, and Lawson/Oladipo Camps over the next several days.
On top of it as always. Thanks my friend, and looking forward to that watching that Howard clip later tonight.

Frank Howard, Derrick Jones, and Tyus Battle are the names that I can confirm that were watched on day one of the live period.

Francis, you are this board's version of a highlight reel during this time of year and one of the main draws for myself and others to log on here now. Keep up the good work brother!! In it's own way, following recruiting is like the highs and lows of following a game or season record, and makes the offseason more bearable.

Francis, you are this board's version of a highlight reel during this time of year and one of the main draws for myself and others to log on here now. Keep up the good work brother!! In it's own way, following recruiting is like the highs and lows of following a game or season record, and makes the offseason more bearable.
Thanks, I really appreciate that.

Great post, Captain.

Great post, Captain.

I meant every word, the credit is deserved. You guys, Francis especially, are the main draw for hoops fans right now and give us something to talk about. Keep up the good work, all of you.

Now if you really want to see me excited, just mention some signings and I will look like Beavis in the infamous "Cornholio" episode where he wantonly ingested a cupboard full of (the neighbors') candy and soda and basically was tripping from the sugar and caffeine high. Tee, you're probably familiar enough with my posts to easily picture this ;)

I meant every word, the credit is deserved. You guys, Francis especially, are the main draw for hoops fans right now and give us something to talk about. Keep up the good work, all of you.

Now if you really want to see me excited, just mention some signings and I will look like Beavis in the infamous "Cornholio" episode where he wantonly ingested a cupboard full of (the neighbors') candy and soda and basically was tripping from the sugar and caffeine high. Tee, you're probably familiar enough with my posts to easily picture this ;)
Haha, I got you.

FH is sounding like a bona fide stud with those stats so far. It won't be long before Ottoingrotto or whomever says it is posting "he's gone!". ;) I haven't seen his recent footage, but it sounds like we can take him at his word that he's not only back, but even more explosive. Kudos to him for his work in the recovery process, looking forward to seeing this kid in orange.

FH is sounding like a bona fide stud with those stats so far. It won't be long before Ottoingrotto or whomever says it is posting "he's gone!". ;) I haven't seen his recent footage, but it sounds like we can take him at his word that he's not only back, but even more explosive. Kudos to him for his work in the recovery process, looking forward to seeing this kid in orange.
When the time comes, you'll know.

Just for the sake of accuracy it's "he gone"