Recruiting Updates | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

Yet again, Battle taking it hard to the hole. Looks like he took off a few feet inside the foul lane to dunk over someone. Missed but fouled. Really gutsy play by Battle. Yakwe with a block coming back the other way. Aiken hits another to get the lead back for Team Scan.

Great move and lay in from Cheick. TB just missed an assignment on the box out. Little flustered still. Just made up for some there by ripping a tough defensive board out over a Houston player. Battle hit another three to take back the lead but it was answered on the other end. 53-51 Houston, under 9 to play.

We sometimes give these local play by plays a hard time, but I like this one. Had a line on a player named Garth, something to the effect of "And Party on Garth, for three". It worked well. ;)

Battle unconscious three. All net. Gives them a three point lead, 5 left. Hunter from Houston hits a deep two, foot on the line. 21 points thus far for Hunter.

Again Bryant delivers a delicate entry pass to Diallo with good position, was fouled on the floor. Both teams play a zone. Have to say, when he's on, TB is a great zone buster.

Shot clock at one, Battle hits a prayer off the glass from deep. Bryant tee'd up and I don't mean that in a nice way. :eek:
TB has 4 personals, and that technical was a huge mistake just after they took a three point lead. 2 shots and a 1 and 1 after. Ridiculous. But he deserved that, might have mouthed off displeasure to the refs.

Shot clock at one, Battle hits a prayer off the glass from deep. Bryant tee'd up and I don't mean that in a nice way. :eek:
TB has 4 personals, and that technical was a huge mistake just after they took a three point lead. 2 shots and a 1 and 1 after. Ridiculous. But he deserved that, might have mouthed off displeasure to the refs.
That's one of my biggest concerns about TB. Love his passion but sometimes he lets his emotions get the best of him and it's definitely not a good look to do that in a room full of D1 coaches.

That's one of my biggest concerns about TB. Love his passion but sometimes he lets his emotions get the best of him and it's definitely not a good look to do that in a room full of D1 coaches.
Yup. Almost. Too. Much. Heart. Batman.
untitled.jpg

Yeah, he's got to chill at times, refs just looking for that and it costs them 4 points on that tee and one. Costly.

Aiken fouled with 9 seconds left. Hits one. 66-61 final score. Scan wins another tight one. Game was tighter than the score. In fact, this was the biggest lead of the game, at the buzzer.

Edit: cheick that. Might have been 64-61, score inconsistent between announcers and highschoolcube.

Aiken fouled with 9 seconds left. Hits one. 66-61 final score. Scan wins another tight one. Game was tighter than the score. In fact, this was the biggest lead of the game, at the buzzer.

Edit: cheick that. Might have been 64-61, score inconsistent between announcers and highschoolcube.
You were correct the first time, it was 66-61. Semi's are now set for tomorrow on ESPNU. Team Scan will play Team Penny, which has the Lawson brothers. NJ Playaz(Diagne) will play Boo Williams, which has top 20 2016 big man Bam Bam Adebayo. I'll let you guys know the times of each game when it gets release.

You were correct the first time, it was 66-61. Semi's are now set for tomorrow on ESPNU. Team Scan will play Team Penny, which has the Lawson brothers. NJ Playaz(Diagne) will play Boo Williams, which has top 20 2016 big man Bam Bam Adebayo. I'll let you guys know the times of each game when it gets release.
I knew I liked that announcer for good reason. Accuracy :)
Should be a good one tomorrow. Look for Bryant to get back on track, but with this team, who knows? Bunch of different ways they can hurt you.