Recruiting Updates | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

Briscoe gives NJ the lead from the free throw line. Gibbs little lob pass to Briscoe who lays it in. NJ up 4 early. Both teams a little reckless with their decision making. Diagne has an offensive board but couldn't get a good look to finish.

From what I see early, looks like Diagne is much more efficient when he goes around his defender with one bounce. Needs to tighten it up so he can use it all the time. Otherwise, when he went straight up, he kind of shot it as opposed to going to his hook. Pretty sure he uses either hand to baby hook. Should do it every time unless he can lay it in.

Diagne almost contested another but the Penny player shielded with his body well and dropped it in. Give credit to Moustapha for not only using his lateral quickness but for his physicality. Just also grabbed a loose ball with hustle. He's very instinctual for the ball. Pretty sure I said a while back, kind of guy who has a knack for the ball and getting extra possessions.

From what I see early, looks like Diagne is much more efficient when he goes around his defender with one bounce. Needs to tighten it up so he can use it all the time. Otherwise, when he went straight up, he kind of shot it as opposed to going to his hook. Pretty sure he uses either hand to baby hook. Should do it every time unless he can lay it in.
He needs to take his time. Seems to be rushing things quite a bit in the early goings.

Btw, just a little tribute to Keita. Diagne just did that BMK thing where he does straight up standing not jumping, and one man traps the guy with the ball. So the offensive player goes away from Diagne and takes a shot over another NJ player. :)
Just drew the foul too on the break. He's active but Team Penny will not go away until the very last minute of this game. You watch. ;)

More and more does he remind me of Keita's defensive instincts. What's more, is he has way better offensive instincts, no disrespect. He just has a variety of post moves and definitely a quickness most bigs do not have.

Diagne with another nice finish from a good feed. Snagged another board, but loses the ball going up for a shot on the offensive end. Yips. Yip Yips.
hi-res-6822686_crop_north.jpg

After a three, NJ up 8 right now.

Mous gets a breather finally. Announcers just mention as I thought, Playaz need another solid big. Juiston's ok though. Plus another shot blocker but that's it. Like you mentioned Francis. They need a ton out of their guards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Briscoe, slips through the defense on the break, easy deuce to give NJ a 12 point lead. 7:20 to go in the half. Very surprised to this point, but this team is deceptive.

Fantastic play by Briscoe to fall to the floor with the ball and still keep his dribble and then an outlet pass from the floor. Clever and good hustle. He then dropped another off to Gibbs on the break. Boy, if he put it all together one day and didn't go to a non competitive school. :rolleyes:

Diagne has 8pts and 10rbs at the half. Probably would've had 6 more pts if he was a bit more patient with some of his shots. Either way still a good half for him and he's making a big difference with his hustle on both ends inside dealing with the Lawson bros.