Recruiting Updates | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

Saw this kid as I was surfing around out of Miami. 2017 freshman/sophomore. Tee, Francis (O great recruiting gurus on the hill) would love to hear what y'all think as well as anyone else. Pretty impressive kid and has some strong post moves at that age.

He is a southpaw, and I love how he rebounds by keeping the ball up/not bringing it down. The video shows him rebound really well in a group of taller players. Got a great upper body, could add some strength in the legs. Just seems like a kid that fits the JB mold L O N G. Kinda made me laugh when players went to the hole on him. The mental picture was a kid trying to make layups through a tree. Would value any insight on this kid unless you don't have any ;).

Last edited:
Saw this kid as I was surfing around out of Miami. 2017 freshman/sophomore. Tee, Francis (O great recruiting gurus on the hill) would love to hear what y'all think as well as anyone else. Pretty impressive kid and has some strong post moves at that age.

He is a southpaw, and I love how he rebounds by keeping the ball up/not bringing it down. The video shows him rebound really well in a group of taller players. Got a great upper body, could add some strength in the legs. Just seems like a kid that fits the JB mold L O N G. Kinda made me laugh when players went to the whole on him. The mental picture was a kid trying to make layups through a tree. Would value any insight on this kid unless you don't have any.
Special. What I like most about him (aside from being great with his hands and solid footwork for a young kid) is that he plays his position. Meaning, he is working on being a true 5. Shot blocking, rebounding and utilizing his size to create space and get easy looks. Always tough to tell how the younger bigs pan out though, but I'd bet on him.

He is a southpaw, and I love how he rebounds by keeping the ball up/not bringing it down. The video shows him rebound really well in a group of taller players. Got a great upper body, could add some strength in the legs. Just seems like a kid that fits the JB mold L O N G. Kinda made me laugh when players went to the hole on him. The mental picture was a kid trying to make layups through a tree. Would value any insight on this kid unless you don't have any ;).
What I love that DC2 still can't figure out is how he keeps the ball high after grabbing the board for a put back. Doesn't look quick or very athletic, but he seems to have a high ball IQ on how to position himself to finish down low and shows good timing on blocking shots. As far as recruiting, it depends what happens over the years with JB. If JB is still around will he go out of his main recruiting comfort zone(the northeast) to battle off other schools for this kid? Seems to me unless one of our assistants have a connection to his handlers that we won't seriously be involved.

What I love that DC2 still can't figure out is how he keeps the ball high after grabbing the board for a put back. Doesn't look quick or very athletic, but he seems to have a high ball IQ on how to position himself to finish down low and shows good timing on blocking shots. As far as recruiting, it depends what happens over the years with JB. If JB is still around will he go out of his main recruiting comfort zone(the northeast) to battle off other schools for this kid? Seems to me unless one of our assistants have a connection to his handlers that we won't seriously be involved.
couldn't agree with you more... this is most definitely the product of DC2 playing in Class A against small guys, where he could afford to do so. I almost wish he made that move to Oak Hill. But then again, who knows if Cal would have pried him away from us if that were the case. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will all click for him this yr(assuming he's healthy). As we know, big men usually take longer to develop.

couldn't agree with you more... this is most definitely the product of DC2 playing in Class A against small guys, where he could afford to do so. I almost wish he made that move to Oak Hill. But then again, who knows if Cal would have pried him away from us if that were the case. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will all click for him this yr(assuming he's healthy). As we know, big men usually take longer to develop.
Another factor will be where he's at mentally due to the setbacks with the knees.

Another factor will be where he's at mentally due to the setbacks with the knees.
who's the most realistic recruit for us to land out of D jones, Bryant and Battle? Or do you see us getting more than 1 of them? I would guess Bryant would be?

who's the most realistic recruit for us to land out of D jones, Bryant and Battle? Or do you see us getting more than 1 of them? I would guess Bryant would be?
Bingo. Battle is an interesting situation. Hop is tight with the Pops, but he has been talking up every single school besides SU as of late. It could be smokescreen because Malachi hardly talked about SU last summer. The staff pretty much watched all of Team Scan(Bryant/Battle) games when they were at the Peach Jam last week. So the interest is still strong or they wouldn't be wasting their time.

Gun to your head, where do you see DJ landing? I'm guessing UK? Possibly us if Bryant heads elsewherE? Francis03

Last edited:
Gun to your head, where do you see DJ landing? I'm guessing UK? Possibly us if Bryant heads elsewherE? Francis03
At this point I would say UConn. He loved his visit there recently and Ollie has developed a good relationship with the family. If he waits until the spring and Bryant decides to go elsewhere then we may still have a shot. I think it's more likely that he'll decide in the fall.

Im thinking at this point, because of how early it mite be jones. Thats a guess on my part though.

Im thinking at this point, because of how early it mite be jones. Thats a guess on my part though.
JB and Hop have spent most of their time this month during the live period watching Bryant not Jones. JB hasn't even watched Jones at all yet. GMac has been the only one to track Jones so far and if he was such a high priority, JB would've made sure to see him at least once so far at this point. Imo I'll be shocked if he's not talking about Bryant. He must not feel that Mizzou is a serious threat lol.

Last edited:
JB and Hop have spent most of their time this month during the live period watching Bryant not Jones. JB hasn't even watched Jones at all yet. GMac has been the only one to track Jones so far and if he was such a high priority, JB would've made sure to see him at least once so far at this point. Imo I'll be shocked if he's not talking about Bryant. He must not feel that Mizzou isn't a serious threat lol.

My exact feeling...however being in Rochester I have always been lead to believe that Cuse was 2nd choice at best to another ACC school...hoping the negativity towards the academic issues cools recruits on them for a bit...actually screw that forever!

My exact feeling...however being in Rochester I have always been lead to believe that Cuse was 2nd choice at best to another ACC school...hoping the negativity towards the academic issues cools recruits on them for a bit...actually screw that forever!
He may have liked UNC, but unfortunately for him they have showed limited interest in him and have prioritized Harry Giles and Skal Labissiere, and several other bigs over him. The buzz from the LeBron Camp a few weeks ago was that he'll end up at either SU or will follow the Huntington coach to Mizzou.

Bryant? Cause? I just pee'd a little... Deal with it.
Stay with us, bro. We could always use a little kicking where the sun doesn't shine.
thumsedowd.jpg