Recruiting Updates | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2014/11/113-news-and-notes.html
Slow week but here goes anything that you may or may not have seen recently.

Like Tee said, I was impressed with what the commits said. I'm not sure of what to read into any of the replies from the targets. I just can't wait until we finally have some solid news from the investigation, because it's hard to imagine us not losing some ground in the minds of some kid who might be eager for whatever reason to get his decision-making done soon.

Its been very quite since the hearing which doesn't indicate anything one way or the other. Its signing day soon though and getting all four guys signed will indicate to me that things aren't all that dire.

Again I'm happy with the commits. However, the answers from the recruits haven't been easy for my to decipher, if there truly is anything to read between the lines other than they are waiting like the rest of us if even really interested in the first place. That's my take, and I'd be happy to hear from someone who can point out something specific that I may have missed. At the moment a conservative outlook is working for me.

On Michael Kay TV show (for what its worth) he said that the NCAA is a teethless organization. That it is teetering on extinction. When asked about the NC situation and possible sanctions, MK said the NCAA will do zilch or it will get sued out of existyence. Right now they are walking lightly because of the PSU fiasco. If he's right the investigation of SU is perfunctory and will not result in any major or even minor repercussions.

Again I'm happy with the commits. However, the answers from the recruits haven't been easy for my to decipher, if there truly is anything to read between the lines other than they are waiting like the rest of us if even really interested in the first place. That's my take, and I'd be happy to hear from someone who can point out something specific that I may have missed. At the moment a conservative outlook is working for me.
Malachi, Lydon, Moyer and Frankie are all very committed.
http://syracuse.s k out.com/story/1476173
I mucked with the link because of the ground rules around here, but they are very specific about their committing to SU.

Halfmooncuse said:
On Michael Kay TV show (for what its worth) he said that the NCAA is a teethless organization. That it is teetering on extinction. When asked about the NC situation and possible sanctions, MK said the NCAA will do zilch or it will get sued out of existyence. Right now they are walking lightly because of the PSU fiasco. If he's right the investigation of SU is perfunctory and will not result in any major or even minor repercussions.

At least some minor repercussions.

I'll leave it at that.

Again, happy with the commits, I read the article, but am not sure what to make of those who haven't verballed yet and the couple of comments they have from them. I'm just wishing we could get an announcement sooner and move forward regardless of the outcome. Im guessing I'm not going out on a limb to say this forum will be devoid of any Johnny Cochranesque "blockbuster, breakthrough"(I think he said that about the glove) news until after some sort of announcement is made. I'm not sure if anyone would have committed in that time period anyhow, but I'm fairly sure they wont be now, at least with us. Can someone offer me comfort in some way? Maybe pay for a massage by credit card?

Again, happy with the commits, I read the article, but am not sure what to make of those who haven't verballed yet and the couple of comments they have from them. I'm just wishing we could get an announcement sooner and move forward regardless of the outcome. Im guessing I'm not going out on a limb to say this forum will be devoid of any Johnny Cochranesque "blockbuster, breakthrough"(I think he said that about the glove) news until after some sort of announcement is made. I'm not sure if anyone would have committed in that time period anyhow, but I'm fairly sure they wont be now, at least with us. Can someone offer me comfort in some way? Maybe pay for a massage by credit card?

Relax, man. Only 2015 target left is obviously Thomas Bryant. I believe consensus its Syracuse, Indiana, and Missouri (maybe) anyway he is not decided prob till the spring. And a scholarship has to open up cause we don't have room for him now. Even still we still have a GREAT Class, with Richardson, Daigne, Lydon, and Howard.

2016. Tyus Battle Syracuse, Duke, and Kentucky. Consensus and anyhow that's a year away. He is the main target, I know there are others for 2016 that we are interested and targeting.

I don't see or understand what you are stressing over.

Relax !!!

Relax, man. Only 2015 target left is obviously Thomas Bryant. I believe consensus its Syracuse, Indiana, and Missouri (maybe) anyway he is not decided prob till the spring. And a scholarship has to open up cause we don't have room for him now. Even still we still have a GREAT Class, with Richardson, Daigne, Lydon, and Howard.

2016. Tyus Battle Syracuse, Duke, and Kentucky. Consensus and anyhow that's a year away. He is the main target, I know there are others for 2016 that we are interested and targeting.

I don't see or understand what you are stressing over.

Relax !!!

Thanks my man. It's just part of my mood at the moment and this cloud hanging over the program and a lot of bold talk where I'm not seeing substance. It's starting to rile me. Like I've said before, reading the threads in this section reminds me of watching various basketball games, and I'm worried the investigation may cause us to lose signal on any new news for awhile. Maybe I'm hungover too. :-(

CaptainJ said:
Thanks my man. It's just part of my mood at the moment and this cloud hanging over the program and a lot of bold talk where I'm not seeing substance. It's starting to rile me. Like I've said before, reading the threads in this section reminds me of watching various basketball games, and I'm worried the investigation may cause us to lose signal on any new news for awhile. Maybe I'm hungover too. :-(

We won't hear any news for some time. Enjoy the start of the season.

Hulk mad. Hulk say relax. Do what Hulk say. You relax!
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone find me just cause to get angry at the mods or something so I can take my frustration out on them?

I shall not comment. I shall not comment. I shall not name specific mods. . . . . . . . It puts the lotion on its skin . . . . . . . . It puts the lotion in the basket . . . . .

Can someone find me just cause to get angry at the mods or something so I can take my frustration out on them?
You're on a run right now, my friend. A special "only CaptainJ can pull it off" kinda run.
hamster-thumbs-up-cute-hamters-animal-picture-pics.jpg