Class of 2015 - Recruits and Offers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Recruits and Offers

D. Davis has left the building. I will continue to update his offers though because I still feel we'll get an official from him.

Last edited:
Can we get an update on commits and offers on our commits? Let's go Orange!

I see rvls bumped Shy Cullen's rating from his initial NR to 2 star 5.3 status.

Sounds like someone will be playing with a chip on their shoulder to prove those so-called experts wrong.
Playing? you should see him working out this off season. 3 five am workouts with the team. 2 days a week at NE strength working on football specific workouts(flipping tires ropes running resistance poly metrics) 1 day a week with a flexibility personal trainer at Velocity that trained Blake Bortals. Then he is running 3 nights a week. and going to the park for linebacker drills with me 2 nights a week. I would almost be worried if it wasnt such a good mix different exercises. But aside from volunteering with the police and eating this kid is working out all summer. Hell last night he was working on shuffling side to side while he went swimming in our pool. And all he says is 7th in state? Ill show them what 7th in the state looks like. 2 stars? Ill make them see stars. Chip? Yes but more like a granite block on his shoulder..lol

Bam, Thanks for the insight. I can't wait to see him hit the field when he gets to SU. He is a monster, he does more in a week then I did in a month while I was active in the Air Force; and before anyone says it I will say it for them, yes the Air Force is softer than the Marines and Army but we take care of our people.

Rvls updated our Not Rated kids.

Anthony Giudice – 2 star 5.2

Evan Adams – 2 star 5.3

Brandon Ginnetti – 2 star 5.3

Thank you Mike Farrell

Shy and Zaire are my favorites.

I feel the same way about Shy as i do Kaleb Joseph in basketball. Both kids are extremely hard/impressive workers.

Mike Farrell has longer farts than the time he put in to evaluate those 3.
having watched the tapes, no idea how you evaluate Guidice lower than Ginnetti but it is Mike Farrell so not shocked.

Playing? you should see him working out this off season. 3 five am workouts with the team. 2 days a week at NE strength working on football specific workouts(flipping tires ropes running resistance poly metrics) 1 day a week with a flexibility personal trainer at Velocity that trained Blake Bortals. Then he is running 3 nights a week. and going to the park for linebacker drills with me 2 nights a week. I would almost be worried if it wasnt such a good mix different exercises. But aside from volunteering with the police and eating this kid is working out all summer. Hell last night he was working on shuffling side to side while he went swimming in our pool. And all he says is 7th in state? Ill show them what 7th in the state looks like. 2 stars? Ill make them see stars. Chip? Yes but more like a granite block on his shoulder..lol

Deservedly so.

Keep in mind that Mike Farrell is a Boston College shill, so he's just being passive aggressive about Shy jilting his favorite program by giving him a low rating.

Rvls updated our Not Rated kids.

Anthony Giudice – 2 star 5.2

Evan Adams – 2 star 5.3

Brandon Ginnetti – 2 star 5.3

Thank you Mike Farrell

We have 5 guys under 5.4. I just don't see it.

PhatOrange said:
Rvls updated our Not Rated kids. Anthony Giudice – 2 star 5.2 Evan Adams – 2 star 5.3 Brandon Ginnetti – 2 star 5.3 Thank you Mike Farrell

Farrell is a clown, but I doubt he unilaterally gave the ratings. Their process doesn't work that way.

We have 5 guys under 5.4. I just don't see it.
It seems like they give an automatic 2 stars to any P5 commit, the Rivals Rating for those guys are below 5.5, so they don't get an automatic 3 stars. Just an opinion. I don't agree with it (I think they should stay NR), but if you look at years past, i think my observation fits the bill.

Here is what we have so far (taken from Scout, Rivals, 247 and ESPN). We can update this list as the class progresses.

Total 2015 Commits (18)

Geez, these guys are closing like crazy. We had nobody in April and everyone was freaking out, and now after the June camps have been completed, our class is almost full. What a great job they've done!

It seems like they give an automatic 2 stars to any P5 commit, the Rivals Rating for those guys are below 5.5, so they don't get an automatic 3 stars. Just an opinion. I don't agree with it (I think they should stay NR), but if you look at years past, i think my observation fits the bill.

That's my opinion too. If they aren't evaluated, they should stay NR. The arbitrary 2 star rankings drive me nuts. Scout has admitted to doing it and I'm sure Rivals does it as well.

That's my opinion too. If they aren't evaluated, they should stay NR. The arbitrary 2 star rankings drive me nuts. Scout has admitted to doing it and I'm sure Rivals does it as well.
Depends on the site, for example ESPN has a very small crew and they do their ratings in batches and different time periods. They rate the highest first and then progress through the pecking order in that fashion. They will not complete the majority of their ratings until late August. I would not be surprised if their isn't a somewhat similar format with other rating agencies. Lets face it, if you have a kid at NR status, and 15 offers from P5 conferences, think about it...there are 100's of kids with NR status that have multiple P5 offers.

Depends on the site, for example ESPN has a very small crew and they do their ratings in batches and different time periods. They rate the highest first and then progress through the pecking order in that fashion. They will not complete the majority of their ratings until late August. I would not be surprised if their isn't a somewhat similar format with other rating agencies. Lets face it, if you have a kid at NR status, and 15 offers from P5 conferences, think about it...there are 100's of kids with NR status that have multiple P5 offers.

Yes but at ESPN, they don't hand out star rankings until the recruit has been assessed. If he hasn't been assessed, then he stays at NR. 247 does exactly the same thing. Their model is exactly the model I wish Rivals and Scout would adopt.