Class of 2018 - Recruits taking Official Visit on January 19, 2018 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 Recruits taking Official Visit on January 19, 2018

CuseLegacy

Akeem Dixon, SU Verbal Commit
RB Mychale Salahuddin, Offered
DT Tyrone Barber, USF Commit/Offered
RB Jarveon Howard, Offered

*I'll add to the list as more announcements of visits are made.

Last edited:
Is he actually visiting still? He had a top 5 or 6 list a few weeks back and we weren't on it. Why would he waste an OV to a school not on his top5/6?

I wont let myself be reeled back in again
giphy.gif

I like what I'm hearing from him:

Life after football is very important to me. Just going to a school and being able to get academic and life resources other than football so that if football doesn’t work out for me, I can still be straight and be able to provide for my family. I want to be able to prosper just as much off the football field.

4-Star RB Mychale Salahuddin Talks Recruiting and Pitt

Because you have to read all the threads.

After reading this thread and what he wants in a school, I believe this is one official visit that we should try to get him to commit. We do not want him to go to Pitt. He’s mentioned that a great education is part of his reason for attending. Life after football is important providing for his family.

“Just going to a school and being able to get academic and life resources other than football so that if football doesn’t work out for me, I can still be straight and be able to provide for my family. I want to be able to prosper just as much off the football field.”

He doesn’t mention what he is interested in as far as a major. Dino should get his parents involved, ask him first to consider what he’d like to study and take him into schools like Newhouse, Whitman, Falk or any other that’s close to a guess perhaps on his part, but get him into any school he’s thinking about in a career. Have a knowledgeable person at each venue to speak to him.

This a great selling opportunity and one I think Dino and perhaps even Wildhack, (look what he accomplished after leaving SU and is now back), will handle very efficiently. A chance the staff to get this prospect to love SU for both his football career and school major. We want him to choose SU while he’s on campus if at all possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading this thread and what he wants in a school, I believe this is one official visit that we should try to get him to commit. We do not want him to go to Pitt. He’s mentioned that a great education is part of his reason for attending. Life after football is important providing for his family.

“Just going to a school and being able to get academic and life resources other than football so that if football doesn’t work out for me, I can still be straight and be able to provide for my family. I want to be able to prosper just as much off the football field.”

He doesn’t mention what he is interested in but if his parents are with him and or any relatives ask him first to consider what he’d like to study and get him into schools like Newhouse, Whitman, Falk or any other that’s close to a guess perhaps on his part, but get him into any school he’s thinking about in a career. Have a knowledgeable person at each venue to speak to him.

This a great selling opportunity and one I think Dino and perhaps even Wildhack, (look what he accomplished after leaving SU and is now back), will handle very efficiently. A chance the staff to get this prospect to love SU for both his football career and school major. We want him to choose SU while he’s on campus if at all possible.
A parent normally accompanies recruits on their official visits.

Last edited:
Today is the last day of the Dead Period. Recruits can visit campus again starting tomorrow.

"On Jan. 12, the contact period is back in play and runs all the way to Feb. 4, which is the final weekend for recruits to take official visits before National Signing Day.

Once again, a quiet period is in effect on Feb. 4 and the final dead period before signing day starts on Feb. 5 and lasts until Feb. 8 – the day after National Signing Day."

This is a huge weekend with those 4 kids visiting. We need all 4 signed.

Saw in Jordan’s thread that he’s coming to visit? Is that confirmed yet?

sucks there's no basketball game that weekend :(

Agree, these large, formal recruiting weekends; were they ever synched with hoops games at home? I realize we are doing well on weekend recruit visits and no hoops , but geeez, recruits experiencing a hoops game is huge.

Agree, these large, formal recruiting weekends; were they ever synched with hoops games at home? I realize we are doing well on weekend recruit visits and no hoops , but geeez, recruits experiencing a hoops game is huge.
I don't think this staff feels that way. I think they prefer these type of ovs.