Redirect to App Store | Syracusefan.com

Redirect to App Store

C

creatorsgam

A few times this past week, while reading or posting, I have been randomly redirected to my iPhone's App Store. Not to the main page, but for a random game like candy crush. Not sure why this is happening, I don't even have games on my phone. It is only a minor inconvenience, but I'm not pressing a part of my phone that would bring me to an advertisement. Any idea what's up?

A few times this past week, while reading or posting, I have been randomly redirected to my iPhone's App Store. Not to the main page, but for a random game like candy crush. Not sure why this is happening, I don't even have games on my phone. It is only a minor inconvenience, but I'm not pressing a part of my phone that would bring me to an advertisement. Any idea what's up?

Same here. It is happening a lot

+1

Not every time I load the page, but abut 50% of the time. It freezes up my phone and is just frustrating.

It happens from time to time, and goes away as quickly as it began.

Hi guys,

I have started to get pop ups for video game apps every time I log on to the message board on my iPhone or iPad. Is this happening to anyone else ? Does anyone know a fix ?

Just curious because it is extremely annoying.

Thanks You !

yes it is back again - last two entries to site in a row.

Game of War - Fire Age
by Machine Zone, Inc

CandyBlast Mania
by Team Lava

Am I correct that you see no ads on syracusefan?

yes it is back again - last two entries to site in a row.

Game of War - Fire Age
by Machine Zone, Inc

CandyBlast Mania
by Team Lava

Am I correct that you see no ads on syracusefan?
Correct. It is typically for games. Tis only happens on this site, I haven't experienced it on the numerous other sites/forums that I access.

You folks experiencing this issue may want to try this:

Go to settings, safari, and then first scroll down and press clear history and clear cookies and data. Then restart your phone.

If that doesn't work, try blocking java scripts.

Settings-->Safari-->Advanced-->Website Data-->Remove All Website Data

Did that, then the next thread I visited opened up the App Store to "game of war."

Happening non-stop on the iphone for me as well. I thought I had a mobile virus of some sort before reading this thread.

Settings-->Safari-->Advanced-->Website Data-->Remove All Website Data

I should have added ... Close your browser, then follow above instructions. Delete all cookies, clear cache, etc. shut phone down, then restart.

If that doesn't work, turn off JavaScript.

Last edited:
I've never had an issue with iCabMobile.

I access the site from my iPhone all the time. Mostly use ForumRunner but sometimes Safari. Haven't seen this.

Inside of Safari/Settings, be sure Block Pop-ups is selected. And in the same place, be sure to block cookies from third parties and advertisers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom