Refs blow buzzer shot call in Duke-STJ | Syracusefan.com

Refs blow buzzer shot call in Duke-STJ

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
Refs count a trey by St. John's at end of half despite it clearly leaving shooter's hand after shot clock violation. Big screw up. Apparently it is only reviewable at the end of games. Unbelievable bad call. So stupid. This will probably lead to a rule change.

Hope SU doesn't end up on the wrong end of one of those calls. Beyond stupid that the play could not be reviewed.

The same thing might have happened to us yesterday.and I posted it twice in the game long.
Correct me if I am wrong as I don't know the rule, but does the possession arrow change on a last possession of the half? Does it in the NBA?

Miami had the last shot of the first half made a bucket and the possession arrow to start the second. After they made the last shot of the half at the buzzer the ref signaled our ball with like .2 seconds left kindof screwing us. We never even touched the ball.

The possession arrow never swapped, and the first possession of the second half miami hit a three and that was the game winner.

Last edited:
Refs blew an "inadvertent" whistle while St. John's had a 3 on 1 break in the 2nd half. I think that evened it out.

It's irrelevant who had the ball at the end of the first half, the possession arrow determines who gets the ball to start the second half.

The arrow only changes when there's a jump ball, possession of the ball and the ending of the first half have nothing to do with the situation.

edit: Of course, the arrow changes too at the start of the second half AFTER the team that had the arrow to start the half is given the ball to inbound.

Refs blew an "inadvertent" whistle while St. John's had a 3 on 1 break in the 2nd half. I think that evened it out.

That was just bizarre - pretty clear cut the ball was tipped and therefore not a travel. Not sure why he blew whistle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom