Refsynder gets his chance | Syracusefan.com

Refsynder gets his chance

CaliCuse

All American
If he can do the job he might stay or he is being shopped. I have no idea why this kid who is being proclaimed the best hitter in the farm system isn't given a chance at both positions second base and the outfield. Looking to show case him might be the answer her.CAPUANO is a player that doesn't come back in 2016. Mitchell is a very strong candidate to grab that spot in in the pen and there are other lefties in the farm who they can useIMHO.

I don't think that Refsynder embarrassed himself on defense or his hitting.
I don't think that Cashman or Joe are ready to proclaim him a the regular 2nd baseman but he did produce enough to the offense that hasn't been there before regardless of Drew's HR numbers. That play that Wilson there the ball which wound up in right field was totally not Ref's fault. Ref was moving to his right and the ball thrown to his left. That pretty much is all anyone needs to know about that play. Ref isn't ever going to be a Cano type HR threat but he might be a very good BA kind of player as he progresses through his career.So far ,so good. Lets see what he can do against rights on the mound and more fielding chances. I would like to see Aaron Judge get a chance now that Mason is on the 60day DL Beltran has another ouchie with his left oblique.

Refsynder's arm indicate a whole lot more muscle than I would have expected.

Sorry I couldn't get the pic in the NYPost to come over here. but this kid started out as an outfielder I for one would not throw that possibility away because they put him in the infield. Obviously can see the advantage of a good hitting infielder but ifhis glove doesn't keep pace with his bat another direction must be explored. He did show a very strong arm yesterday so that is in his favor. I think the old adage "You don't throw out the baby with the bath water".

This the one?

rr6.jpg

And thus ended the 1st Rob Refsnyder era.

12 AB's
2 Hits (but one them was a HR over the Green Monster)

We'll see him again in September.

12 AB's

I think we should trade him for Montero.

12 AB's

He looks like a big leaguer. If the Yanks don't want him, I'm sure the Sox would love to have him to back up oft-injured Petey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom