Remember when a HoF coach lost to a d2 team and his team eventually rose to #2 in the rankings? | Syracusefan.com

Remember when a HoF coach lost to a d2 team and his team eventually rose to #2 in the rankings?

OrangeFoo

All American
I do... A few short years ago JB and the Syracuse Orange lost to lemoyne in their first game of the year. Everyone believes that team was on of the best in recent years.

Now can we all move on from shutting the program down and firing the coaches? It was one game that the team didn't show up for.

I do... A few short years ago JB and the Syracuse Orange lost to lemoyne in their first game of the year. Everyone believes that team was on of the best in recent years.

Now can we all move on from shutting the program down and firing the coaches? It was one game that the team didn't show up for.
That was an exhibition game and Boeheim managed the game as such.

Remember when that HOF coach had a 35 game season for people to forget that he lost an exhibition?

I agree in spirit but Scott Schafer doesn't have near the clout of Jim Boeheim...and unlike the Lemoyne game, this counts in the record.

They also had trouble WITH CARLTON FROM CANADA IN PRESEASON.

Wake up people.

I agree in spirit but Scott Schafer doesn't have near the clout of Jim Boeheim...and unlike the Lemoyne game, this counts in the record.
Schafer? Doesn't coach here.:)

I respect your optimism, but those two situations have literally nothing in common. A college basketball exhibition means absolutely nothing - it's a chance to experiment with various lineups in a stress-free environment. In college football, each game is EVERYTHING. You only have 12 games and there is very little margin of error for us to get to a bowl game.

And we rose to #1 in the 09-10 season!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that game the last time the BB team played man to man?

And our record is 1-0. If we put on a sh**show again vs CMU then I am going to be worried. For now I have faith that they will come back strong for that game

docsu said:

And we won?

Syracuse basketball is notorious for early season angst , I remember Cleveland St hitting a floor length shot to give Jimmy an upset loss a couple of years ago. I just hope Beohiem consuls HCSS to ignore all the IDIOTIC critics and go back to work.

we rose to #1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom