Report from Durham | Syracusefan.com

Report from Durham

AJDavCuse

Walk On
Spectacular weather day in NC. Hit Tobacco Road Sport Cafe pre game. Nice joint. At Cameron by a bit after 5. Nice campus. Cameron is quit the contrast vs dome. Great facility. Incredibly loud. Not a bad seat anywhere. Students insane throughout. Was a sauna where we were at (section 9). Duke fans in general were incredibly nice. Students outside Cameron with lots of Cuse sucks and f-bomb Cuse comments but to be expected. Lady at bar went out of her way to give us directions. Woman near my 7yr old son kept asking him if he was having fun and talking to him. Fans at the game praised our team afterward and talked about what a great rivalry this could be. There was a good contingent of Cuse fans near us. I'd guess there was 300 SU fans there. More than I expected for sure. Not sure how but 5-6 guys wearing orange in middle of student section behind basket Cuse shot at in 2nd half. Duke students gave MG a "we don't miss you chant." Hats off to the Cuse fan who stole the limelight from Duke's 'crazy towel guy.'

Tough loss. Tough call to end it. I felt throughout that we were not getting many calls but talked with one duke fan after who felt the calls had gone against them most of the game. Will have to watch replay. Tyler hurt us in 1st half when we had lead and chance to extend he had back to back turnovers. CJ seems out of sorts. Just seemed out of it tonight for much of game. I commented before game in warmups how good grants stroke looked so of course he had two air balls. Coney doesn't miss in warmups. Not sure JB should have did what he did but he sent a message to this team, the league, etc. We missed a few easy shots. Ennis and cooney played their worst combined game by far. Both centers in foul trouble. Duke shot well. We still were what looks like a bad call away from a chance at a win. Win the next two and these last two will be largely irrelevant. Let's go Cuse.

One of the guys behind the basket is on this board. He had mentioned he would be sitting there. I think friends with some grad students is how they ended up there.

Glad you had a good time and that your son did too. It is important that ALL fans be nice to the kids at games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom