Report: Marvin Harrison didn't make HOF this year | Syracusefan.com

Report: Marvin Harrison didn't make HOF this year

Stern

All American
https://twitter.com/bkravitz/status/561677983706935298

Not sure how true it is, but if it is once again Marvin got screwed. Bad guy...yes he is. HOF WR...yes he is. If this is true and he got passed over again its a damn crime. He was an elite WR and how some marginal WR's are in the HOF and he isn't is a crime

Still a logjam of HOF WRs that are waiting. He will get there eventually, but they will put one WR in at a time, maybe two. They certainly won't put in more than that at one position for awhile.

Still a logjam of HOF WRs that are waiting. He will get there eventually, but they will put one WR in at a time, maybe two. They certainly won't put in more than that at one position for awhile.
I never saw the log-jam in recent years and don't see one now going forward either. Reed should have never gotten in his numbers are a JOKE compared to other WR's and Harrison's numbers are far greater than Reed's. Tim Brown is vastly overrated and Harrison's numbers beat his and Harrison played 4 less years than Brown. Where is this log-jam? Nobody is on Marvin's level...nobody!

I never saw the log-jam in recent years and don't see one now going forward either. Reed should have never gotten in his numbers are a JOKE compared to other WR's and Harrison's numbers are far greater than Reed's. Tim Brown is vastly overrated and Harrison's numbers beat his and Harrison played 4 less years than Brown. Where is this log-jam? Nobody is on Marvin's level...nobody!

And Oakland Raiders and bills fans have been clamoring for their guys to get in for years (same as us) . Heck people could use Manning against Marvin and say he wouldn't have been nearly as good if he didn't have Peyton throwing to him.

It will happen, relax.

jekelish said:
Well, Tim Brown stole a Heisman from Don McPherson, it only makes sense he'd steal a HOF spot from Marvin, too.

About two years ago, I asked Don how he felt about the Heisman that year. Don said, he wasn't even the best player on his team, so he didn't think he deserved it.

That is probably the "right" response when asked the question, but it seemed genuine, especially just sitting at dinner with a couple guys, not the media.

Last edited:
It's true. It's on ESPN.com. Orlando Pace and Terrell Davis were also snubbed.
they aint orange so i could give a 2 you know whats- marvin was the best for multiple seasons-wasnt his consecutive 100 catch years a record at one point

And Oakland Raiders and bills fans have been clamoring for their guys to get in for years (same as us) . Heck people could use Manning against Marvin and say he wouldn't have been nearly as good if he didn't have Peyton throwing to him.

It will happen, relax.
Use Manning against him? What the hell does that even mean? The guy is a first ballot HOFer and he gets turned down twice? Just because he doesn't talk to the press? It's not as if people are mad here because of the Cuse connection either because,let's face it, he could care less about Syracuse and it seems he never did. But I would easily bet that he has the greatest numbers across the board of any non- first ballot HOFer. Total Sham.

Use Manning against him? What the hell does that even mean? The guy is a first ballot HOFer and he gets turned down twice? Just because he doesn't talk to the press? It's not as if people are mad here because of the Cuse connection either because,let's face it, he could care less about Syracuse and it seems he never did. But I would easily bet that he has the greatest numbers across the board of any non- first ballot HOFer. Total Sham.
Stern said Brown is overrated and Reed is a sham, well people could argue Harrison's numbers were inflated because he played with Manning, one of the best QBs to ever step on a field.

Stern said Brown is overrated and Reed is a sham, well people could argue Harrison's numbers were inflated because he played with Manning, one of the best QBs to ever step on a field.
Does that make sense to you? The guys numbers dwarf just about every receiver in ahead of him and he's penalized because somebody THREW him the ball?

Here's how I look at the Manning thing:

Peyton has had a lot of wide receivers to throw to over the course of his career. Only one is in the top seven all-time in the three major career receiving categories.

I know. What horse sh*** logjam my a**

Seriously? Go watch a highlight film.

This is exactly why he didnt makw it. Because he didnt spike the ball and wasnt a diva. Un real. Like he shouldve been more like randy moss.

Btw where is peyton manning in all of this. What does he have to say? Where is that quote? Hes a punk if hes staying silent.

I don't think it's just the legal troubles with Marvin, I think his quiet demeanor works against him here too. Members of the media are the voters after all. I'd bet anything Ray Lewis gets in first try

And randy...

The honest truth is that these kinds of accolades will always be about more than performance. Marvin's attitudes sucks - and I hate using that word, I hate that word - but it fits. He needs to grow up and act like someone who can represent the Hall of Fame. Right now, I don't even like him representing our U or the Colts. Hall of fame? Please.

Decided to rant a little about this: http://.com/marvin-harrison-snubbed-from-pro-football-hall-of-fame/

The way guys enter the Hall of Fame is pretty dumb anyway.

Look, there are guys that you know are going to be in the HOF. It's not a matter of if, but when. Question is, why is there a when? If it's commonly understood to some extent where that HOF line is, and some guys are clearly above it and most other players are way below it, why is there even a discussion about the ones we know are going to get there? Let's just have a discussion about the ones on the fence. Does anyone really believe that Harrison wasn't a HOF level player?

Baseball's the worst. Mariano Rivera is a no doubt HOFer. But you know somebody is going to leave him off that first ballot, because you can be a baseball first ballot HOFer, but you can't be unanimous. Why? Because you can't.

13 seasons
14,580 yards (7th) 883 yards in postseason (17th)
1,102 receptions (3rd) 65 receptions in postseason (13th)
128 touchdowns (5th) 2 touchdowns postseason
13.2 yards per reception
5.8 receptions per game
76.7 yards per game
Led NFL in yards and receptions twice
8x pro bowl selection
Super Bowl Champion
Not a convicted felon