Class of 2015 - Rex Pflueger | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Rex Pflueger

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
ELITE8-056.jpg

A name to remember. Read a free article from TOS here is a break down of what was said.

Rex is a 2015 4 star 6-4 SG out of Mater Dei HS in California.

Pflueger played in the Adidas Super 64 tournament over the weekend for the Compton Magic Select against the Ohio Basketball Club. The game was both intense and high level. There were other stars on his team such as SF Cameron Walker and PG Sedrick Barefield both also four star but it was Rex who changed the game in the 2nd half.

He is described as a bouncy wing with deep range, who tries to dunk everything he can and is also an opportunistic shot blocker.

Many big schools are looking at him and it has been said that Hop loves him.

2012-2013 HS Highlights

ELITE8-056.jpg

A name to remember. Read a free article from TOS here is a break down of what was said.

Rex is a 2015 4 star 6-4 SG out of Mater Dei HS in California.

Pflueger played in the Adidas Super 64 tournament over the weekend for the Compton Magic Select against the Ohio Basketball Club. The game was both intense and high level. There were other stars on his team such as SF Cameron Walker and PG Sedrick Barefield both also four star but it was Rex who changed the game in the 2nd half.

He is described as a bouncy wing with deep range, who tries to dunk everything he can and is also an opportunistic shot blocker.

Many big schools are looking at him and it has been said that Hop loves him.

2012-2013 HS Highlights

I watched just under 3 minutes of his highlights and I like what I saw. Good shooter, active hands deflecting passes. Had a couple of good passes. Drives to the hole and can finish. His "swag" kind if reminds me of Devo a bit.

I like the sounds of "tries to dunk everything he can."

Doesn't shy away from contact. Seems to be able to finish at the rim.

Good range but brings the ball very low - almost to his hip - before getting into his stroke. Mechanics of the stroke looked good once he gets there, but the hitch to bring the ball down drives me nuts.

Pretty good leaper. Didn't see much in the way of lateral quickness but that often doesn't come through in mix tapes.

Anyone know where he's ranked by the services?

BTW I think the "Class of 2013" in the OP is wrong - isn't he 2015?

Good range but brings the ball very low - almost to his hip - before getting into his stroke. Mechanics of the stroke looked good once he gets there, but the hitch to bring the ball down drives me nuts.

Pretty good leaper. Didn't see much in the way of lateral quickness but that often doesn't come through in mix tapes.

Happy to do the work for you, and yes he's 2015. From all 9 minutes I watched, it seems like 247 and rvals have him rated properly. I don't like throwing out the race card, but I think if he were African-American and not white he'd be rated higher.

ESPN - 75 rating, 3 star, 42nd best SG

Scouut - 3 star, no position rank.

247 - 3 star, 83rd best player in country, 12th for position

Rvals - 4 star, no position rank, 68th best prospect in country

Reactions: MCC

Please re-read my post, I did say class of 2015 & I gave you that he was 4 star

Please re-read my post, I did say class of 2015 & I gave you that he was 4 star

Right, but the post is classified under "Class of 2013". And 4 star... by who / what services?

I appreciate all of your posts (and the articles) OE, but this was confusing in light of the 2013 v. 2015 contradiction and 4 stars attributed to no service in particular.

Right, but the post is classified under "Class of 2013". And 4 star... by who / what services?

I appreciate all of your posts (and the articles) OE, but this was confusing in light of the 2013 v. 2015 contradiction and 4 stars attributed to no service in particular.
Gotcha on the 2013 I never saw that when I entered his name in the subject line, sorry about that.

But TOS has always meant Rival$

Gotcha on the 2013 I never saw that when I entered his name in the subject line, sorry about that.

I thought TOS was also scouut? Wut does TOS stand for?

I'm just posting to suggest that no player in the history of basketball sported a name that sounded more like a WWI German fighter plane than this guy.

I am trying to remember but wasn't this the same kind of scouting report and rankings that Cooney had??

All I know is that with a name like Rex Flueger his nickname absolutely has to be The Total Package, and he has to be introduced to Lex Luger's theme music.

All I know is that with a name like Rex Flueger his nickname absolutely has to be The Total Package, and he has to be introduced to Lex Luger's theme music.

I was thinking the same thing. Could name his three point shot the back breaker.

Pflueger's brother is currently a walk-on at USC. He's looking forward to getting an offer from them soon and they seem to be the current favorite.

Isn't Mater Dei the transfer capital of the basketball world?

You are correct since '07 seven top 100 players that went to Mater Dei have transferred. The list is; Tyler Lamb, Max Hooper, Taylor King, David Wear, Travis Wear, Gary Franklin, and Katin Reinhardt.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

He won't leave the west coast. Lets stick to Brewster and NJ/Philly area :)