Rio2016 Basketball Thread... | Syracusefan.com

Rio2016 Basketball Thread...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
CnA7IjdUMAAVFfn.jpg

a86f5a36-13ce-42c0-80bc-d2aafa90b29a

CnGER-nUsAAYwau.jpg

We are a second seed? Is that what #2 means?

I wonder oh wonder if the 2016 Olympics are really going to happen? So far, to quote The Phantom, it seems like a disaster of your wildest imagination will occur!

I was hoping Canada would make it - if they could get organized, they could put together a team with quite a few NBA players

I was hoping Canada would make it - if they could get organized, they could put together a team with quite a few NBA players

They had their chance last summer when they had a fairly easy time at the FIBA Americas with a near full cast of Canadian NBA players, and lost in the semi's (in a 2 spot tourney) to Venezuela. In the aftermath of the loss, apparently Andrew Wiggins got pissed at the coaches. So he took the games off last week for the final qualifying tourney (1 spot and they lost to France in the final), where we were really shorthanded.

- Lyles, Murray. Pangos, Stauskas played in summer league which is understandable.
- Nicholson and Powell did not have NBA contracts until last week and therefore did not attend the qualifier..
- Olynyk was injured. Anthony Bennett played - but is just terrible.
- Princess Wiggins stayed at home.

In terms of NBA talent they had Cory Joseph, Tristan Thompson, Joel Anthony, and Tyler Ennis. We relied heavily on the 2 Scrubb brothers from Carleton which Syracuse fans may remember and Brady Heslip.

Some talent to be competitive but this program always runs into some issues.

Who starts?

Here's my guess...

PG Kyrie Irving
SG Paul George
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Kevin Durant
C Demarcus Cousins
Kyrie
Thompson
George
Durant
Melo.

Kyrie
George
green
Durant
Cousins

Kyrie
Thompson
George
Durant
Green

They can go a lot of different paths...

They had their chance last summer when they had a fairly easy time at the FIBA Americas with a near full cast of Canadian NBA players, and lost in the semi's (in a 2 spot tourney) to Venezuela. In the aftermath of the loss, apparently Andrew Wiggins got pissed at the coaches. So he took the games off last week for the final qualifying tourney (1 spot and they lost to France in the final), where we were really shorthanded.

- Lyles, Murray. Pangos, Stauskas played in summer league which is understandable.
- Nicholson and Powell did not have NBA contracts until last week and therefore did not attend the qualifier..
- Olynyk was injured. Anthony Bennett played - but is just terrible.
- Princess Wiggins stayed at home.

In terms of NBA talent they had Cory Joseph, Tristan Thompson, Joel Anthony, and Tyler Ennis. We relied heavily on the 2 Scrubb brothers from Carleton which Syracuse fans may remember and Brady Heslip.

Some talent to be competitive but this program always runs into some issues.
Good points - I agree they blew their chance last summer

Safe to say the USA is getting out of their group. Holy smokes I'm glad they aren't in the other group.

I think this is our worst team in a while. I also have to admit that I am over the NBA guys playing in the Olympics. Never a huge fan of it, but now totally indifferent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom