RIP Bobby Hull | Syracusefan.com

RIP Bobby Hull

24AC099D-E079-4158-A313-593481C50B64.jpeg

I got the following notification via my Apple News Top Stories "Bobby Hull, Hockey Hall of Famer with a checkered past, dies at 84". That is all it said.

I have no problem with using such a line if someone committed some crimes, was highly controversial in terms of his treatment of others, was grossly unethical at times, or had some significant issues. But as far as I know none of that was the case with Bobby.

This seems like a grossly unfair characterization of Bobby Hull. He seems like he could be brash at times, willing to speak his mind, and took on the NHL with the WHA. None of that even comes close to justifying the checkered past comment

Am I missing something with Bobby here?

Last edited:
I got the notification via my "Apple News Top Stories".

They only stated the following, nothing more "Bobby Hull, Hockey Hall of Famer with a checkered past, dies at 84" That seems to really highlight some major character issues.

I have no problem with using such a line if someone committed some crimes, was highly controversial in terms of his treatment of others, was grossly unethical at times, or had some significant issues. But as far as I know none of that was the case with Bobby.

This seems like a grossly unfair characterization of Bobby Hull. He seems like he could be brash at times, willing to speak his mind, and took on the NHL with the WHA. None of that even comes close to justifying checkered past.

Am I missing something with Bobby here. I feel that comment was totally unjustified.
If I remember correctly, he got physical with his ex wife, Bret’s mom, a few times. Something I wouldn’t advise

If I remember correctly, he got physical with his ex wife, Bret’s mom, a few times. Something I wouldn’t advise

Fair enough.

I got the following notification via my Apple News Top Stories "Bobby Hull, Hockey Hall of Famer with a checkered past, dies at 84". That is all it said.

This seems like a grossly unfair characterization of Bobby Hull. He seems like he could be brash at times, willing to speak his mind, and took on the NHL with the WHA. None of that even comes close to justifying the checkered past comment

Am I missing something with Bobby here?
Abused three of his wives (one of them was hung over a balcony by him), said the African-American population was growing too quickly, and said that Hitler had some good ideas. Other than that, I’m sure he was a stand up guy.

Abused three of his wives (one of them was hung over a balcony by him), said the African-American population was growing too quickly, and said that Hitler had some good ideas. Other than that, I’m sure he was a stand up guy.

Seems like there was more to Bobby than I knew unfortunately.

I would like to know what some of these good ideas were? I hear this all the time from geniuses who claim they aren’t being bigoted when they say this. I guess he built roads? Tremendous. Built roads …?killed 6-10 million people .. call it a wash

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom