RIP Carrie Fisher | Syracusefan.com

RIP Carrie Fisher

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Carrie Fisher Dead at 60

Carrie Fisher has died at age 60.

The Star Wars actress had a heart attack while aboard a flight from London to Los Angeles Friday, about 15 minutes before the plane was scheduled to land.

"It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning," family spokesman Simon Halls told People Tuesday. "She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly. Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers."

C0s6XWYVEAEXDlG.jpg

wow.

sad.

but I will confess my sins...when I saw she had the heart attack over the weekend, I couldn't help but think how this would effect the new Trilogy.

wow.

sad.

but I will confess my sins...when I saw she had the heart attack over the weekend, I couldn't help but think how this would effect the new Trilogy.
I was a big fan of the original star war series. I never could get into the newer ones.

I was a big fan of the original star war series. I never could get into the newer ones.
you can skip the 1st 3.

but the Force Awakens was pretty good.

wow.

sad.

They were done filming Episode VIII, I believe. But maybe, in editing, they can find a way to have Princess Leia be with Han Solo.

you can skip the 1st 3.

but the Force Awakens was pretty good.
Force Awakens is the same exact movie as A New Hope. Just with new characters. Seeing it now it is disappointing the plot wasn't changed.

wow.

sad.

Pretty sure they have a plan for something like this happening.

Finn = Han
Rey = Luke
Han = Obi-Wan
BB8= R2D2
Kylo = Vader
Snoke =Papeltine
Luke = Yoda
Starkiller Base = Death Star

Good Movie but the same movie as the original. RIP General Leia hope you find Han.

Finn = Han
Rey = Luke
Han = Obi-Wan
BB8= R2D2
Kylo = Vader
Snoke =Papeltine
Luke = Yoda
Starkiller Base = Death Star

Good Movie but the same movie as the original. RIP General Leia hope you find Han.
well, yeah.

but it was still a good movie.

That's sad. Wow, a lot of famous people died this year.

and her mother, who was a big star in the 1950s and '60s, is still alive

RIP

SWA the movie was some of the same some of the new but it was really a reboot and a sequel at the same time. it was really well done. JWorld was the same thing, bring it up to date and show it to the young audience without killing the buzz for the fans of the original..

Did she really do anything significant work other than some bit parts on tv and a few movies?

There are all these angry people online now saying that it would be a disgrace to Carrie Fisher if they do to Leia in Episode IX what they did to bring back Cushing's Tarkin in Rogue One. The same people are saying it was "...disgraceful to the dead" and somehow taints Peter Cushing's legacy.

What?!

First, Cushing's family was consulted extensively before they ever did any work on it. They gave their full blessings. Second, the actor they chose had to be willing to do it. It just so happens that the guy they found was a HUGE Cushing fan and actually modeled his acting on Cushing's early roles. I don't see how Rogue One did any injustice at all to Cushing or the character of Tarkin. In fact, I think true fans who grew up with A New Hope were totally stoked to see that iconic character again.

Just as they were to see young Princess Leia again.

Carrie Fisher was the type of person who understood the power of a character. She of all people would probably say "do it for the fans."

Her style and wit can never be duplicated, obviously. She was unique and a big reason why Natalie Portman had no chance to re-create that vibe in the prequels.

I hope that Lucasfilm finds a way to honor her and the iconic character she created when they film Episode IX. She deserves more than to be simply written out of the script to perish off screen.

Last edited:
There are all these angry people online now saying that it would be a disgrace to Carrie Fisher if they do to Leia in Episode IX what they did to bring back Cushing's Tarkin in Rogue One. The same people are saying it was "...disgraceful to the dead" and somehow taints Peter Cushing's legacy.

What?!

First, Cushing's family was consulted extensively before they ever did any work on it. They gave their full blessings. Second, the actor they chose had to be willing to do it. It just so happens that the guy they found was a HUGE Cushing fan and actually modeled his acting on Cushing's early roles. I don't see how Rogue One did any injustice at all to Cushing or the character of Tarkin. In fact, I think true fans who grew up with A New Hope were totally stoked to see that iconic character again.

Just as they were to see young Princess Leia again.

Carrie Fisher was the type of person who understood the power of a character. She of all people would probably say "do it for the fans."

Her style and wit can never be duplicated, obviously. She was unique and a big reason why Natalie Portman had no chance to re-create that vibe in the prequels.

I hope that Lucasfilm finds a way to honor her and the iconic character she created when they film Episode IX. She deserves more than to be simply written out of the script to perish off screen.
im sure they already had 'what happens if carrie or mark die?' conversations and discussed it with them.