RIP Phife Dawg | Syracusefan.com

RIP Phife Dawg

OrangeOnions

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
Last edited:
RIP...loved Tribe so much, saw them live 3 times.

Such a shame they couldn't get along and Dilla died...we missed out on some classic music, but happy to get what we did. Legitimately changed my life.

One of the few Tribe songs where Phife did all the rapping. In my opinion, Phife's improvement from album 1 to album 2 was one of the bigger ones ever. Like, say, Demetris Nichols soph. year to Junior year "leap".

RIP...loved Tribe so much, saw them live 3 times.

Such a shame they couldn't get along and Dilla died...we missed out on some classic music, but happy to get what we did. Legitimately changed my life.

I wish I had gotten the chance to see them. I've at least gotten to see De La Soul and Public Enemy who are way up near the top of my list, but I regret not seeing Tribe who was my favorite of them all.

I wish I had gotten the chance to see them. I've at least gotten to see De La Soul and Public Enemy who are way up near the top of my list, but I regret not seeing Tribe who was my favorite of them all.
Saw them! Randall's Island, way back in the day. Missed De La, though :( I think they had to cancel one of those paloozas I went to and probably just as big a fan of De La, so that one hurt.

I'll just say it.

I was disappointed.

It was a qtip solo album with guests. The songs with phife were great. And it had some really good songs but nothing close to even a find a way territory to be honest. (Nothing even close to the classics)

I'm still glad it came out and phife got to work with tip again before he died.

I'll just say it.

I was disappointed.

It was a qtip solo album with guests. The songs with phife were great. And it had some really good songs but nothing close to even a find a way territory to be honest. (Nothing even close to the classics)

I'm still glad it came out and phife got to work with tip again before he died.

I love it. Hearing that chemistry between Tip and Phife again was great. Phife sounded great. Like prime Phife. Q-Tip moved himself even higher on the level of all time greats. And Jarobi low key murdered this. Where did that come from? The guests all fit well.

This feels like 2016 and it feels like Tribe to me, and that's hard to pull off. I love this album.

I love it. Hearing that chemistry between Tip and Phife again was great. Phife sounded great. Like prime Phife. Q-Tip moved himself even higher on the level of all time greats. And Jarobi low key murdered this. Where did that come from? The guests all fit well.

This feels like 2016 and it feels like Tribe to me, and that's hard to pull off. I love this album.

I already flipped after my 3rd listen.
Dis Generation is a 2016 TRIBE SONG...to a tee...

There's lots of goodness, I think this was the best they could do after Phife died, so I overreacted a little.

STILL one complaint remains for me. Too much guitar, not enough horns.

Really impressed. I liked how they didn't make the mistake of trying to hard, and coming with some new weird style. It was them, 100%. Loved the way they featured Phife. I liked all the guest spots, they weren't overdone, Buster most of the time sounded like his LONS self, which blends great with them. And completely agree with djcon57, unlike 90% of the population, I don't like guitar really, and love horns. That said, it wasn't too often where it ruined anything for me. Good job Tip, you still have it. I can see why most reviews gave it 4 out of 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom