Rob Murphy placed on leave from the Pistons after workplace misconduct allegations. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rob Murphy placed on leave from the Pistons after workplace misconduct allegations.

The entire cast of The Office woulda been on leave for workplace misconduct -
Pretty much every character hooked up w a coworker at one point or another.
who could resist Todd Packer? I know I couldn't

Totally disagree.
Years ago, and I’m talking 80’s and 90’s, we had a much more carefree policy about workplace “entanglements”. But when you start seeing lawsuits being launched at other firms, and the disruption that such issues can bring to the workplace, we now have a no tolerance policy in place…with stipulations.
Any relationship between co-workers has to be known, ie; they must inform HR or an immediate supervisor. Obviously if it’s an affair or triangle, they won’t want it exposed, but if it’s discovered that that’s what’s going on, married people and so on, it’s termination…point-blank period.
We’ve had cases where a significant other started calling in, accusing a manager of messing w/ a girlfriend and whatnot. That calls for immediate suspension until its fully investigated and cleared.
The time lost, the disruption, the lost productivity hours, etc.- just not worth it. Bottom line, we make it very clear the consequences of a workplace entanglement, but we’re not draconian enough to totally forbid it.
okay, yeah...what you said I agree with 100%...never was the wrong way to say what i did...

I was just saying like two single people should be able to do what they want...I guess now there's this movment that if one person is a "superior" they can't consent...which I disagree with...though I understand the legal ramifications of claims and feelings being pretty powerful nowadays...just stinks that legal stuff gets in the way of natural human interaction so much now.

and the cheating and triangle stuff...I get that being forbidden, for sure.

at the end of the day, people are going to break the rules regardless...so no need to bring back the puritanism imo

personally, I was working as a long-term contractor at a site about 6 years ago...and a female coworker came to work one day with an elaborate braiding pattern in her hair that she had never worn before...and I told her "your hair looks nice today"...she complained to HR and I was replaced on the project...I've said maybe 25 words to her in my entire life...and, because of that experience especially, I think this whole movement has gone too far generally...

this whole one person feels a certain way so lets fire someone movement needs to be ended.

there is a lot of harassment - which needs to stop - but there's also opportunists taking advantage of every little loophole they can find to rat their way to the top too...

Last edited:
Totally disagree.
Years ago, and I’m talking 80’s and 90’s, we had a much more carefree policy about workplace “entanglements”. But when you start seeing lawsuits being launched at other firms, and the disruption that such issues can bring to the workplace, we now have a no tolerance policy in place…with stipulations.
Any relationship between co-workers has to be known, ie; they must inform HR or an immediate supervisor. Obviously if it’s an affair or triangle, they won’t want it exposed, but if it’s discovered that that’s what’s going on, married people and so on, it’s termination…point-blank period.
We’ve had cases where a significant other started calling in, accusing a manager of messing w/ a girlfriend and whatnot. That calls for immediate suspension until its fully investigated and cleared.
The time lost, the disruption, the lost productivity hours, etc.- just not worth it. Bottom line, we make it very clear the consequences of a workplace entanglement, but we’re not draconian enough to totally forbid it.
A “Don’t S—- Where You Eat” rule is good. Very good.

I loved Rob Murphy here. Recruiting hasn’t been the same since he left. Seemed like a great guy too. Sorry to hear his marriage didn’t last but since it didn’t...what’s the big deal unless he was harassing?
They didn't send him to the electric chair, I don't employers for not wanting people with a lot of power fooling around with low level people

I worked for a company that had several of these cases that were different level employees. Once the trysts were discovered taking place on company property the lower level employee then complained of coercion and the senior was terminated. The second was the lower level did not get the promotion promised and the senior was terminated ,the lower level never complained until after the position was filled. Just saying.
But for every one of these anecdotes, there are cases of legit coercion situations. It's similar to race and gender discrimination cases. Because one person plays the card didn't mean other people aren't being discriminated against.

200w.gif

Just beat me to it.

Not likely to be hired back on the hill anytime soon

All of the things said above and what a freaking idiot on top of that. Talking about throwing it all away.

It's a shame someone didn't drop him to the floor one day to seal in the lesson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom