Roberson... | Syracusefan.com

Roberson...

bpo57

Living Legend
This kid is going to be a monster before too long. They quoted JB as saying Christmas is going to have a ten year NBA career. JB is a HOFer and an astute judge of talent but I just don't see that happening. Love to be wrong though. But I could sure as hell see Roberson having a ten year NBA run.

This kid is going to be a monster before too long. They quoted JB as saying Christmas is going to have a ten year NBA career. JB is a HOFer and an astute judge of talent but I just don't see that happening. Love to be wrong though. But I could sure as hell see Roberson having a ten year NBA run.
Right now you can see roberson having a 10 year nba career? Right now? Seriously?

Right now you can see roberson having a 10 year nba career? Right now? Seriously?

Could you have thought that about Christmas during his sophomore year? Name me three better rebounders that have played on the Hill since DC left in 1990? The kid is just scratching the surface. Rebounds like a grown man. the rest of the game will follow.

Rakeem is the best Big in the nation with zero back up and little help. Robersons space is because of Rank. I really like Roberson as well.

Love how RC has improved though gotta ask why such little improvement over the two previous offseasons? Best big in the nation? Check back with me in a few weeks on that one.

Could you have thought that about Christmas during his sophomore year? Name me three better rebounders that have played on the Hill since DC left in 1990? The kid is just scratching the surface. Rebounds like a grown man. the rest of the game will follow.
No , I didn't think that about rak then (or now). But there's nothing in trob right now that says 10 year nba career.

He's a fine rebounder. I'd take wallace, melo, Wes and Rick over him though

No , I didn't think that about rak then (or now). But there's nothing in trob right now that says 10 year nba career.

He's averaging 10.5 rebs a game so far in ACC play. Not shabby. Your remembrance of three of those guys was at their peak as upperclassmen. Roberson will be a far better rebounder than any of those three by the time he is a senior if not sooner. The only question is whether the rest of his game can progress at a high level.

Rak will be a first rounder. He has perfect PF size and athleticism and the most polished low post game since Otis. He will be the perfect role playing PF for some lucky team. I can absolutely see him as a 12/9/1 guy.

Rak will be a first rounder. He has perfect PF size and athleticism and the most polished low post game since Otis. He will be the perfect role playing PF for some lucky team. I can absolutely see him as a 12/9/1 guy.
Not many role bigs put up a 12/9 stat line. I don' t doubt that Rak will be drafted and get some run in the league, but I don't see him putting up 12/9 quite yet.

Some other people mentioned it, but in addition to getting a lot of boards, Roberson does a great job tipping the ball out, and keeping it alive. He did grab the rim needlessly again tonight though. Stop that nonsense...

Paul Harris used to do that a lot as well, but half the time he could have grabbed the rebound clean, and half of the remaining ones he tipped it out to the other team for a fast break.

Sorry, Paul. :)

I don't know if he will or not. But do think this: if he ever develops a consistent 8-12 foot jumper he will be a force. Just look at the first bucket of the second half when he pumped and blew to the hoop. If d had to respect that jumper, with his explosiveness he would be very hard to contain offensively. He is an unbelievable rebounder. Very excited to see this front court next year.

If you are talking strictly rebounder, he is as good or better than any of those you mentioned. He flat out wants the ball and goes and gets it. He just doesn't "happen" to be in the right place.

Where's the jumpshot? As mentioned above, he desperately needs a mid range shot, than he is off to the races. He is starting to get some good shots off the bounce but doesn't need to be guarded from 15 feet out. Yes, assuming McCullough comes back 100% and stronger, we will be loaded at the forwards next year. Heck, will be much improved in the back court as well. Question at center, but am keeping my fingers crossed that Coleman is 100% as well.

Not many role bigs put up a 12/9 stat line. I don' t doubt that Rak will be drafted and get some run in the league, but I don't see him putting up 12/9 quite yet.
Well, not as a rookie...Seriously, I am bullish on Rak. If you are looking for a PF to be a role player with an all around game, and a smart guy with a great character, who do you think would be better? I see him filling a Dale Davis type role or as a guy to compliment a center who is better on the perimeter on offense. If I'm the Knicks and I end up with Okafor or Towns, I try to pick up a 20-30 pick and nab him. I could ride with Melo, Okafor, Rak up front. Use the FA money on experienced guards...

He's averaging 10.5 rebs a game so far in ACC play. Not shabby. Your remembrance of three of those guys was at their peak as upperclassmen. Roberson will be a far better rebounder than any of those three by the time he is a senior if not sooner. The only question is whether the rest of his game can progress at a high level.
It's not shabby at all. Melo was only here as a freshman and Wes only for a cup of coffee. They were fantastic rebounders. I should have added Harris too.

Roberson needs to focus on being a player every game now. Can't afford less than that.

Confidence is a crazy thing. He looks so much more capable when he grabs a few boards and gets a few easy buckets. Night and day.

If he stays 4 years, he'll easily be considered the second best rebounder in the JB era. Agree completely with BPO.

I was watching the scoreboard stats yesterday, they gave him a rebound for a couple of those "tap outs".

But he's a beast - he goes after every board.

i think Rak is a lock to play many years in the NBA. He is very skilled with both hands. He is a career backup, which is not bad at all.

ex: Maurice Speights, Joe Smith

in regards to Roberson, he definitely has a knack for pulling down boards... but in all fairness to others, Tyler plays 40 minutes a game. Thats unheard of. His rebounds per minute played are probably on par with guys like Paul Harris, Rick Jackson, etc...

i could be way wrong, didnt look it up... but playing a full game vs teams that shoot lots of 3s due to the zone means lots of rebounding chances. Hell, even Mike G gets 6 a game and he is undersized.

Confidence is a crazy thing. He looks so much more capable when he grabs a few boards and gets a few easy buckets. Night and day.
Yep. Also helps playing in his natural spot (which is gonna be tricky next year)

in regards to Roberson, he definitely has a knack for pulling down boards... but in all fairness to others, Tyler plays 40 minutes a game. Thats unheard of. His rebounds per minute played are probably on par with guys like Paul Harris, Rick Jackson, etc...

i could be way wrong, didnt look it up... but playing a full game vs teams that shoot lots of 3s due to the zone means lots of rebounding chances. Hell, even Mike G gets 6 a game and he is undersized.
That's in part why I used Rick. His senior time on the court was similar. That dude was a horse his senior year. MeLo got 10 a game as a freshman!

Sure is. Once he becomes confident in that 16 footer (which he has shown he can hit) he will be a monster player for us.

I wish someone would tell him that he HAS to take those open shots - he's afraid of the hook/too tentative/over thinks it/aims it/whatever you want to say. Just shoot it - heck he'd probably chase down his own miss anyway. You're right that confidence is the key - he CAN hit that shot - he just knows/thinks that's not his job. Give him the confidence of Bus w/his ability and he'd be tremendous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom