Roberson | Syracusefan.com

Roberson

njcuse

Scout Team
Roberson seems to becoming more and more comfortable with his game. He has moved beyond grabbing rebounds to making plays on offense and defense. He's becoming a force on this team. Going stronger on his put backs, or smarter. Making some nice feeds underneath. Playing well from the line; nice drive from the line for a lay in second half. Develops a consistent turn shot from the line; lights out. Mali forgetting he is a frosh;TL playing more like he did in the opening games; DC making progress with each game; JB back at the controls. Give JB credit for tightening up the defense and maybe for TL picking up his game. I'm feeling good about this team. BTW: on Mike Hopkins stint as head coach. I taught school for many years, and I don't care how good the substitute teacher might be, he/she was not me, the one the students knew was in charge. They might like the sub, respect the sub, even be impressed by the sub, but the sub was not me, the one who would run the show. Okay, I was never out even close to nine school days in a row; maybe a top sub takes my job. Fortunately, the NCAA didn't have the power to keep me out nine days in a row.

Yeah, I don't think you can express enough how important that distinction is: It is not Hop's team! Until he's captaining the ship solely from the get-go, it is impossible to assess his effectiveness as a head coach. Some have read way too much into his little stint...

If he could finish he would be a lottery pick.

Yeah, I don't think you can express enough how important that distinction is: It is not Hop's team! Until he's captaining the ship solely from the get-go, it is impossible to assess his effectiveness as a head coach. Some have read way too much into his little stint...
I agree. the only thing is, I can't point to one thing that went well under his short tenure. We had 4 games we could possibly lose. And we lost 5.

He doesn't have the size to be a lottery pick at the 4 and the skills to be a 3.
Barkley was 6'6" on a good day but rebounded the out of the ball. Roberson rebounds the out of the ball, you can't teach that. He can't finish though, if he could finish he would damn near be averaging a double double

I agree. the only thing is, I can't point to one thing that went well under his short tenure. We had 4 games we could possibly lose. And we lost 5.
if we dont blow the clemson game his stint would have been fine.. people cant over look he started doing of the things Coach is now doing with rotations.

He doesn't have the size to be a lottery pick at the 4 and the skills to be a 3.
he will get to the league only if he finds the right team. he needs a team like the warriors that will create space for him to do what he does well. he is strange in that he finishes really well with his left, but not layups and dunks.

9 games is not enough to judge anyone, making any inference one way or the other is impossible. I still have total faith he will be fine when he takes over the program.

if we dont blow the clemson game his stint would have been fine.. people cant over look he started doing of the things Coach is now doing with rotations.
On the other hand, losing to St John's was hard to do.

but was coaching the reason the STJohns kids were throwing it from half court? I liked the fact the kids responded and fought back in that game, even with all the layups and wide open shots we missed, we still had a shot at the end, that shows kids are responding to him.

Barkley was 6'6" on a good day but rebounded the . . . . out of the ball. Roberson rebounds the . . . . out of the ball, you can't teach that. He can't finish though, if he could finish he would damn near be averaging a double double

The game has changed a lot since Barkley played.

he will get to the league only if he finds the right team. he needs a team like the warriors that will create space for him to do what he does well. he is strange in that he finishes really well with his left, but not layups and dunks.

Why would a team that is amazing at shooting, sometimes with 5 shooters on the floor get an undersized guy who can't finish or shoot a jumper?

One thing about JB, like it or not, he's knows how to get his point across! Not sure if I see that in Hop - he will certainly have to change his demeanor when it's his turn...

His strategic use of fouls was the only reason we made a comeback at Georgetown. So that was a marked departure from what we're accustomed to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom