Class of 2016 - Robert Washington - Free Article | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Robert Washington - Free Article

tep624

Living Legend

Interesting - first mention I've seen of academic problems from his junior year. No mention of Syracuse either.

we are mentioned briefly at the beginning. interesting that Florida didn't accept his commitment. I always assumed he wanted UF and changed to SU because of pressure from his father, not because UF wouldn't take him. Definitely a JUCO for him, wish him the best

we are mentioned briefly at the beginning. interesting that Florida didn't accept his commitment. I always assumed he wanted UF and changed to SU because of pressure from his father, not because UF wouldn't take him. Definitely a JUCO for him, wish him the best

I meant no mention of Syracuse as schools he was looking at. As expected.

What a cluster though. He wants to commit to UF, tries to, they won't accept his commitment, then he has to create some back story and commit to SU.

Interesting - first mention I've seen of academic problems from his junior year. No mention of Syracuse either.

It sounds like academic problems related to transferring from NC to CT and back to NC, rather than bad grades.
At any rate, even if he didn't de-commit, he probably wasn't going to be part of the class of 2016 anyway.

It sounds like academic problems related to transferring from NC to CT and back to NC, rather than bad grades.
At any rate, even if he didn't de-commit, he probably wasn't going to be part of the class of 2016 anyway.

Yep. Sounds like JUCO after all that upheaval anyway.

I meant no mention of Syracuse as schools he was looking at. As expected.

What a cluster though. He wants to commit to UF, tries to, they won't accept his commitment, then he has to create some back story and commit to SU.

Oh, sorry Tep, a bit slow over here, as usual! I know, I was thinking the same thing, what a mess

That story just doesn't make much of sense. I've got a feeling that mom or dad would add a lot of details that Robert isn't supplying.

That story just doesn't make much of sense. I've got a feeling that mom or dad would add a lot of details that Robert isn't supplying.
Senior did. There was an interview about it. The story is a fluff piece saying how tough he had it. It doesn't mention what caused the fall out with both his parents. Hopefully he finds his way, goes to juco and turns his life around.

Senior did. There was an interview about it. The story is a fluff piece saying how tough he had it. It doesn't mention what caused the fall out with both his parents. Hopefully he finds his way, goes to juco and turns his life around.
I've gotten part of one side, but obviously it's still probably not the whole story. But there's clearly more going on than has been reported. I mean, isn't it also a little telling that he's pretty much cut all ties with Moe, Colon, etc?

I dunno, I hope things work out for the kid. I'm morbidly curious to find out all of the details but at the same time, it's best to move on.

I don't believe the part about Florida not wanting him. They were pissed when he did that.
They were probably pissed that it appeared he publicly scorned them for a program like cuse.

I believe that Florida didn't take his commitment because he was nowhere near qualifying.

Last edited:
I believe we will never know the full story. Best of luck to this kid and I hope it all works out for him.

I don't believe the part about Florida not wanting him. They were pissed when he did that.

I do. He never visited Florida and they weren't even recruiting him that heavily.

I honestly don't know what the motivation was for the Florida thing -was it a ruse, did he have the ok to actually commit to them, did he really commit to them and they refused even though he had the ok? Who the hell knows at this point, only he knows the truth.

Last edited:
So SU took his commitment and he was nowhere near qualifying?

Weren't there Booms!!

Sounds like the staff was perfectly fine pumping up a false narrative.

Weren't there Booms!!

Every boom is treated the same at least how I remember it

Weren't there Booms!!

There have been other kids that they "boomed" that weren't near qualified yet. Thomas, Blair, Carter, etc. Plus there were things going on at SouthLake Christian. Who knows if anyone knew exactly what was going on with his grades.

There have been other kids that they "boomed" that weren't near qualified yet. Thomas, Blair, Carter, etc. Plus there were things going on at SouthLake Christian. Who knows if anyone knew exactly what was going on with his grades.

UF wouldn't accept because of Grades but SU didn't know?

So much for due diligence then.

I find it hard to believe Syracuse didn't know about his grades. Of course they did

His grade issues were known. I remember reading about him not qualifying months before the boom. Washingtons stock was dropping well before he committed. Most of his offers were not committable. He was option 2 or 3 for most of the big time schools.

Absolutely not. He 100% tried to commit to UF, and I said so from day 1.

I do. He never visited Florida and they weren't even recruiting him that heavily.

I honestly don't know what the motivation was for the Florida thing -was it a ruse, did he have the ok to actually commit to them, did he really commit to them and they refused even though he had the ok? Who the hell knows at this point, only he knows the truth.

Once he "committed" to UF someone from their staff was supposed to come and evaluate him the following week since McLewain had never seen him. I'm not sure exactly why they decided not to, but they decided just to pass in general. Maybe they got wind of the academic issues, or maybe they just weren't that interested. Either way he tried to commit to UF, but was turned down 1 way or the other. They were mad because he made them look like they got dumped for someone else when at that point he wasn't even on their radar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom