Rocco out at St. Thomas Aquinas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rocco out at St. Thomas Aquinas

i am surprised names for su open spot havent leaked out yet if what he said is true about not being contacted by su

Doesn't this put us at a disadvantage? The dead period is over and all other teams have all hands on deck recruiting while we're a man down?

See the Tomcat's earlier post about racial balance. There is a generally accepted principle about minority representation in P5 coaching staffs so it does not seem likely that Rocco would be hired, even if he is qualified, unless there is a significant restructuring of the staff.
This, unfortunately, is probably close to the mark.

Also, one more bad season and Shafer and staff could all be looking for a job, probably not the most appealing situation for a WR coach and in addition as a recruiter how much impact is Casullo going to have if he is one and done. If he has a wife and kids, I don't know if I would be willing to up root for what could be a 1 year job. At least at Florida he will get 2-3 years most likely as long as he lives up to his end of the bargain, probably more money as well. The coaching business is tough enough with the constant moving, etc, to me the Syracuse position doesn't look very appetizing at this point from a career move. He could do a great job recruiting next year and still be looking for a job at Syracuse

I don't think Rob Moore ever moved his family... dude can coach at least

Also, one more bad season and Shafer and staff could all be looking for a job, probably not the most appealing situation for a WR coach and in addition as a recruiter how much impact is Casullo going to have if he is one and done. If he has a wife and kids, I don't know if I would be willing to up root for what could be a 1 year job. At least at Florida he will get 2-3 years most likely as long as he lives up to his end of the bargain, probably more money as well. The coaching business is tough enough with the constant moving, etc, to me the Syracuse position doesn't look very appetizing at this point from a career move. He could do a great job recruiting next year and still be looking for a job at Syracuse

Is Shafer a lame duck or does he have 2 years left?

Is Shafer a lame duck or does he have 2 years left?

Don't know, but if he goes 4-8 next year which is much more likely than say 8-4, I wouldn't feel real safe about getting another year if I were him.

What is Rob saying on Twitter?

Last edited:
Here we are talking about maintaining a racial balance in the coaching staff and looking for a WR coach and you had to mention out of a job Rob Moore.;)

Orangello said:
Fixed^^^^^^^

That's not all that accurate. This year we have a strong NJ/NY contingent and no Ohio or Michigan kids...

That's not all that accurate. This year we have a strong NJ/NY contingent and no Ohio or Michigan kids...

We're not talking about this year. We're talking about a coach who hasen't even been hired yet which means recruiting next year at a minimum.

CuseLegacy said:
I think you better take another look at our commits for 2015.

Must have missed a few ;). Thanks for the check.

We're not talking about this year. We're talking about a coach who hasen't even been hired yet which means recruiting next year at a minimum.

we are talking about this year. Shafer took over from Marrone with a similar amount of time left before NLI day and recruiting down the home stretch is vital. Moreover, adding Rocco right now would likely have a huge impact on whether O'Korn comes to SU. That's an impact this year.

I wonder if SS hasn't already decided on his next hire but the coach is staying loyal to their current program thru NSD

Admirable, but stupid, if allowing that. Sorry, after a 3-win season, Syracuse shouldn't be doing anything other than looking out for themselves.

Full_Rebar said:
Admirable, but stupid, if allowing that. Sorry, after a 3-win season, Syracuse shouldn't be doing anything other than looking out for themselves.

What's the benefit to announcing a guy before NSD?

What's the benefit to announcing a guy before NSD?

You get him out on the road talking to recruits about what his coaching will do for their game if they come to SU. Particularly Rocco dealing with any non-solid Florida kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom