Rogue One

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by orangenauburn, Dec 11, 2016.

1. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

Good to hear--planning on taking my six year old daughter this week. Got nervous reading some of the opinions in this thread.

HoustonCuse likes this.
  2. HoustonCuse

HoustonCuse Hall of Fame

What I will say is that my daughter was less interested in it than the other movies. She is a big Vader fan (yikes) and she loved the scenes with him, especially one which is especially cool. But she wasn't scared or disturbed by it.

RF2044 likes this.
  3. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

Cool--thanks--appreciate the personal perspective.

4. AZOrange

AZOrange Hall of Fame

I would've left my 6 year old there to walk home...

CuseFaninVT and Ragman2000 like this.
  5. Conrad13

Conrad13 2nd String

Saw it yesterday with my 11, 9, and 6 year olds. My 6yo had a sleepover the night before and fell asleep halfway through the movie. My two older kids loved it. It's probably the most violent Star Wars movie but certainly no worse than Avatar or Lord of the Rings.

It was really good. The dialogue and acting felt more like a regular action movie than a Star Wars movie (in a good way) but the plot fits soooo well into the other movies. I was worried about a Star Wars money grab with all of the new movies being planned, but this movie really worked. I highly recommend it.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  6. PeteCalvin

PeteCalvin Hall of Fame

What they did to bring back the Tarkin character and have it be so seamless and realistic is simply amazing use of special effects. A great tip of the cap to Peter Cushing, who created one of the more memorable characters in the Star Wars universe.

7. upperdeck

upperdeck Hall of Fame

that ending was really good. the CGI was crazy cool. another nice ride and will just add to the buzz for one next xmas..

box office doing really well this week too.

RF2044 and HoustonCuse like this.
  8. AZOrange

AZOrange Hall of Fame

That movie was fantastic for what it is. Hard to tell a story where you know what happens and keep it interesting. Also Vader...badass.

9. PeteCalvin

PeteCalvin Hall of Fame

There can never be enough of Badass Vader on screen. We need more Vader. Period.

10. orange79

orange79 Internet Sleuth Staff Member

Finally saw it last night. AWESOME!

My daughters were distraught when everyone dies at the end, but I expected it, based on the "many people died getting us this information" line from A New Hope. Loved the Easter eggs I caught (I'm sure there were more I missed) - Aunt Beru's blue milk, Red 5 getting shot down (making room for Luke to be Red Five), "it's a trap", "I have a bad feeling about this", etc.

All in all, just fantastic!

KaiserUEO and RF2044 like this.
  11. Conrad13

Conrad13 2nd String

[​IMG]

I figured that people on this thread would appreciate this photo.

KaiserUEO, Phillymoose and orange79 like this.
  12. Capt. Tuttle

Capt. Tuttle Living Legend

Seeing it this week, as I did, the ending was very weird.

13. orangefog

orangefog All American

No C3PO? Not shocked. But, we have one bad guy surrounded by all good guys and one good gal.

14. Shrmdougluvr

Shrmdougluvr Starter

Saw it today with Mrs. Shrmdougluvr and the boys (6 and 3). They were all jacked up, all movie long. The 3-year-old struggled through the previews a bit but he is completely desensitized to any "Star Wars" violence. (not sure if that is good or not).

Slight spoiler. Is it wrong that i get all giddy when Darth Vader goes super badass? Every time he does something ridiculous any overpowering in Star Wars Rebels, my heart thumps.

HoustonCuse and Ragman2000 like this.
  15. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

Took my six year old to see it yesterday. She liked it a lot. Had a million questions throughout the movie, but luckily there wasn't anybody sitting next to us [went to an early matinee], so nobody got disturbed. She was puzzled by the ending, but none of the violence was that frightening for her.

She thought that the Death Star was cool. That's my girl!

Both Vader scenes were awesome.

HoustonCuse likes this.
  16. HoustonCuse

HoustonCuse Hall of Fame

Your spoiler quote was actually about a different thing. That was many bothans dying to get the location of the second Death Star shield generator I believe.

orange79 and Ragman2000 like this.
  17. HoustonCuse

HoustonCuse Hall of Fame

Question for those that saw the movie: I only saw it once and was bothered some by the fact that Vader's first appearance is completely unnecessary to anything in the film. I know people wanted to see Vader but I felt that scene was superfluous and a little cheap. Did I miss anything that gives that scene any real relevance?

18. AZOrange

AZOrange Hall of Fame

It seems that way at first but really Krennic was running to Vader to tell on Tarkin taking over the Death Star. Vader also tells him about the defecting imperial pilot.

Ragman2000 and HoustonCuse like this.