Rogue One | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rogue One

that ending was really good. the CGI was crazy cool. another nice ride and will just add to the buzz for one next xmas..

box office doing really well this week too.

Finally saw it last night. AWESOME!

My daughters were distraught when everyone dies at the end, but I expected it, based on the "many people died getting us this information" line from A New Hope. Loved the Easter eggs I caught (I'm sure there were more I missed) - Aunt Beru's blue milk, Red 5 getting shot down (making room for Luke to be Red Five), "it's a trap", "I have a bad feeling about this", etc.

All in all, just fantastic!

12376700_543999335749563_8813962159398795998_n.jpg

I figured that people on this thread would appreciate this photo.

12376700_543999335749563_8813962159398795998_n.jpg

I figured that people on this thread would appreciate this photo.
No C3PO? Not shocked. But, we have one bad guy surrounded by all good guys and one good gal.

Saw it today with Mrs. Shrmdougluvr and the boys (6 and 3). They were all jacked up, all movie long. The 3-year-old struggled through the previews a bit but he is completely desensitized to any "Star Wars" violence. (not sure if that is good or not).

Slight spoiler. Is it wrong that i get all giddy when Darth Vader goes super badass? Every time he does something ridiculous any overpowering in Star Wars Rebels, my heart thumps.

Took my six year old to see it yesterday. She liked it a lot. Had a million questions throughout the movie, but luckily there wasn't anybody sitting next to us [went to an early matinee], so nobody got disturbed. She was puzzled by the ending, but none of the violence was that frightening for her.

She thought that the Death Star was cool. That's my girl!

Both Vader scenes were awesome.

Finally saw it last night. AWESOME!

My daughters were distraught when everyone dies at the end, but I expected it, based on the "many people died getting us this information" line from A New Hope. Loved the Easter eggs I caught (I'm sure there were more I missed) - Aunt Beru's blue milk, Red 5 getting shot down (making room for Luke to be Red Five), "it's a trap", "I have a bad feeling about this", etc.

All in all, just fantastic!

Your spoiler quote was actually about a different thing. That was many bothans dying to get the location of the second Death Star shield generator I believe.

Question for those that saw the movie: I only saw it once and was bothered some by the fact that Vader's first appearance is completely unnecessary to anything in the film. I know people wanted to see Vader but I felt that scene was superfluous and a little cheap. Did I miss anything that gives that scene any real relevance?

Question for those that saw the movie: I only saw it once and was bothered some by the fact that Vader's first appearance is completely unnecessary to anything in the film. I know people wanted to see Vader but I felt that scene was superfluous and a little cheap. Did I miss anything that gives that scene any real relevance?
It seems that way at first but really Krennic was running to Vader to tell on Tarkin taking over the Death Star. Vader also tells him about the defecting imperial pilot.

Just watched this again this evening on a prescreening digital copy. Wow. It's possible it's even better the second time around. It's quite possible this may be my favorite of all of them. With the perspective of hindsight, I still rank this incredibly high. It works so well in how it integrated both the prequels and Episode 4. Love learning more about peripheral characters in this universe.

just got an email from FiOs congratulating me on my purchase of Rogue One. guess the pre-order filled this AM.

looks like its Family Fun Movie Night at the Casa-de-UEO.

gonna have to get this started by 7 at the latest to be ready for UCLA-Kentucky.

will have to dvr the unc-butler game, check the score around 845 and if its close fast forward till there and watch the end.

couldn't care less about Baylor-scar.

Geez that looks great. What does this fit in in the Star Wars timeline of movies and shows?
This takes place before Rogue One (a few years, maybe?). Rogue One took place shortly before Episode 4 (A New Hope - the original Star Wars movie).

Rogue One was about the obtaining of the plans for the original Death Star (Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom