Rollout? | Syracusefan.com

Rollout?

OrangeFair44

2022 Cali Winner (Receptions)
Watching lville last night got me thinking. Maybe we should think about utilizing the rollout pass? Get Hunt out in space, ease the pressure on the oline, and maybe give the receivers more time to get open.

I remember we did it with Nassib a couple years ago to offset the lack of size on oline. Clearly it wasn't the best strategy hence the hastey change last year but apples to oranges with QB style. Hunt has some legs though. Thoughts?

Love it. Also, pump fake screen + go route would probably do pretty well based on what we show on film.

Maybe Hunt has problems throwing on the run? If he doesn't, it would be an ideal play for this offense.

Seems like Hackett had a better understanding of the talent on the team. McDonald has left me scratching my head especially on some of these slow developing run plays to the outside against faster teams...

Seems like Hackett had a better understanding of the talent on the team. McDonald has left me scratching my head especially on some of these slow developing run plays to the outside against faster teams...
I think we need to give McDonald time to understand the talent on the team and what he is doing as an OC. We didn't exactly have a stellar offense his first year and that was with Marrone's experience as an OC in the NFL. I guess time will tell.

how would we have rolled out against CLemson when the DE was past the tackle before gets out of his stance? people want to go 4 wide. they want to get rid of the TE. UL didnt roll out all that much but they did it off some play action and Teddy is good at it.. it also means you eliminate 2/3 of the field to throw to.. it leaves you with about 2 routes you can run and both require the WR to get off the line which we cant do..

The only thing that is going to get the WR free is to run better and give them more time and get the D looking at play action..

Watching lville last night got me thinking. Maybe we should think about utilizing the rollout pass? Get Hunt out in space, ease the pressure on the oline, and maybe give the receivers more time to get open.

I remember we did it with Nassib a couple years ago to offset the lack of size on oline. Clearly it wasn't the best strategy hence the hastey change last year but apples to oranges with QB style. Hunt has some legs though. Thoughts?

Not trying to be a , but do you guys really think that the staff has not "thought" about trying stuff as basic as rollouts and bootlegs? They are paid to think about this kind of stuff for a living.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom