Ron patterson is good... | Syracusefan.com

Ron patterson is good...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
Love this kids pressure, energy, hustle, and wingspan. I know it sounds crazy, but I like the idea of him starting second halfs for defensive purposes and to take some pressure off our offense early on.

Last edited:
orangefan13 said:
Love this kids pressure, energy, hustle, and wingspan. I know it sounds crazy, but I like the idea of him starting second halfs for defensive purposes and to take some pressure off our offense early on.

Really? I didn't think he looked that good, takes too many chances and against good teams those missed/stupid chances he takes turns into 2 or 3.

Yeah forced a couple of turnovers and so very active. Really putting pressure on Colgate guards. We don't give him enough credit.

Cooney and Joseph won't take as much pressure off our offense as he can, even more so with the amount of minutes they play. Probably the best defender on the team outside of Rak. Hope he buys into full out sprint arms up and moving defense, limited offensive role this year.

once roberson and patterson get in this half we will go on a run and speed up the game.

I actually like the idea, of roberson, gbinije, and patterson coming into the game together at first whistle. All energy off the bench. Gbinije was so solid in the fullcourt transition offense against nova in the half not as much, if he was as good in the half he could be twice as good, maybe next year.

Last edited:
He was up and down a bit, but played pretty well overall - hit some shots, played decent defense w/ only one notable lapse that I recall. A couple sloppy turnovers, but no worse than what we see from Joseph or G in the open court. He definitely plays with a ton of energy.

second half he put his foot on the break especially on the defensive end, hes better then that. Nice shooting half though.

Buss is becoming a funny player. There are a bunch of guys that get the "Not buyin' until I see that against somebody good" treatment on here. Buss is almost the opposite. People want to see more Patterson.

Personally... I'm not convinced he really gives us all that much.

Imo we need him for ACC. The team wore down last year during ACC season and the bench has been even shorter this season. I love the progress the team has made the last couple games! Hope the bench can keep making progress too, esp BJ and RP...who knows maybe even CO too!

Buss is becoming a funny player. There are a bunch of guys that get the "Not buyin' until I see that against somebody good" treatment on here. Buss is almost the opposite. People want to see more Patterson.

Personally... I'm not convinced he really gives us all that much.
Yes well Cooney scored 11 points (3 3s) in first half against VU. Then scored i believe one basket (0 3s and some FTs) in the second half and OT as we gave the game away. Cooney was gassed. I would love to see RP improve his game to the point where TC doesnt have to play 40-45 mins per game.

I think he can be effective is small doses each half and would prefer to see him sub for Joseph. Patterson is much better in the zone and more physical than Joseph defensively. Their are so many times if you watch Kaleb defensively it's like where the heck is he. He even made a few decent moves off the dribble and had a nice read on the pick and roll. He's very unpredictable and not shy on offense tho and that's why small doses I think would be best.

Jack Hall said:
Yes well Cooney scored 11 points (3 3s) in first half against VU. Then scored i believe one basket (0 3s and some FTs) in the second half and OT as we gave the game away. Cooney was gassed. I would love to see RP improve his game to the point where TC doesnt have to play 40-45 mins per game.

You like to keep saying Cooney was gassed. How do you know? You should ask him.

I think Buss could develop into a pretty good college guard if given some quality PT. He doesn't have a ton of game experience. Love his energy and I know his teammates love it too.

I agree in that he should continue to get more minutes because of what he has shown what he "can" do. He could be be that other guy who could be that long ball threat that we desperately need. I was really pleased tonight to see him get as many minutes as he did. He seems like a guy who could either turn into a big play-maker for us over the next couple of years or be a guy who either transfers or just gets splinters on the bench. With time and patience, like Johnson, I think this young man has a lot to offer.

With that being said, I find it interesting that some think that he is an asset on D. At this point, I believe he is a liability.

HOWEVER, with more playing time, I believe that would probably change. It's tough for a guy to come out in such limited time as he does and play the 2-3 like guys who get minutes like TC and others.

Last edited:
Eagles20 said:
Their are symptoms that a person shows when they are tired.

Good. Because most of our guys don't show those symptoms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom