Ron patterson is good... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ron patterson is good...

Good. Because most of our guys don't show those symptoms.

I usually bend over and breathe heavily when I'm not tired. Who wouldn't be tired if they played the whole game. I said he looked gassed, I didn't say him being out their was hurting the team.

Eagles20 said:
I usually bend over and breathe heavily when I'm not tired. Who wouldn't be tired if they played the whole game. I said he looked gassed, I didn't say him being out their was hurting the team.

Did you know that in our first 3 losses we shot better and scored more points in the 2nd half? Didn't happen in the Nova game but then shooting 63% in a half isn't commonplace. For the season we've also scored more in the 2nd half. Minutes played isn't causing us to lose.

If you're going to throw on a press to change things up and wake up a team that might be getting stagnant for a spell, why not put Buss in to spell Joseph for a short spell? (Dno't tlel me I cna't selpl)-VBOF

I really want Ron to play well so he can play, but at what expense? Trevor looks like he's turned the corner. Joseph is playing a lot better on offense. Unless Kaleb is just terrible on defense I don't see how Buss can improve his PT that much. If we need to give our guards a break you most likely are going to see G move to the backcourt, with Roberson or BJ subbing up front.

Ron doesn't have anything close to the offensive skill set that Cooney or Joseph has. Right now he's a standstill shooter who isn't a knock down shooter.

Good. Because most of our guys don't show those symptoms.
Imo you are wrong. TC was bent over and grabbing his shorts w 9-10 mins to go in regulation at a time when none of the VU players were doing that. Did you see that TC had bags of ice wrapped around both knees after the game? How many players from both teams were doing that after the game? I know you watched us go 25-0 to start last season and i know you watched how it ended. Imo mins played (ie too many mins played) by TC, TE, CJ and possibly JG had a role in that breakdown of our record. To me its easy to watch over the course of a season and its common sense. But we agree to disagree on this one. Now if we did break down as a team last season, if you assume that as i have, it is very debatable if its JBs fault or if its the bench players fault (ie the bench players simply never did the things in practice you need to do to get into a game and spell the starters). That i dont know, i wont debate whos fault it is but no question in my mind the last two seasons many of our starters are playing too many mins...will be interesting to see this season unfold and if we can finish stronger than last season...i dont see why we cant!

Imo you are wrong. TC was bent over and grabbing his shorts w 9-10 mins to go in regulation at a time when none of the VU players were doing that. Did you see that TC had bags of ice wrapped around both knees after the game? How many players from both teams were doing that after the game? I know you watched us go 25-0 to start last season and i know you watched how it ended. Imo mins played (ie too many mins played) by TC, TE, CJ and possibly JG had a role in that breakdown of our record. To me its easy to watch over the course of a season and its common sense. But we agree to disagree on this one. Now if we did break down as a team last season, if you assume that as i have, it is very debatable if its JBs fault or if its the bench players fault (ie the bench players simply never did the things in practice you need to do to get into a game and spell the starters). That i dont know, i wont debate whos fault it is but no question in my mind the last two seasons many of our starters are playing too many mins...will be interesting to see this season unfold and if we can finish stronger than last season...i dont see why we cant!

I'm pretty sure our trainers ice the knees of all our players after everygame. I specifically remember this with Grant and Christmas last year. It's good preventative medicine.

If they could get it through his head that he shouldn't shoot every time he touches the ball (which he was able to get away from last night), he can be a very helpful player for us, but his irrational confidence in his shot hurts my eyes.

He really needs to fix his footwork on his shot. It seems like his feet are way too wide apart when he's shooting, and then he does sort of a kicking motion. It's just very ugly. From the hips up, he's a good shooter.

How many times did Buss get rejected by that little white guy from Colgate?

Fwiw. I happened to be at the Melo Center one day last week and there were only 2 people in the gym. GMAC and Ron. I think it was before a scheduled practice.

Thank you for this. I think it's potentially useful information for how some of us shape our opinions of players and I want to bump it back up top in hopes that more folks will see it.

On another note, wasn't there a thread a couple of weeks ago that said fans were now banned from there? (yes, I found another way to use my favorite word in a post to you ;) ). Does this mean you have been impersonating a fan this whole time? Are you even human? Do you know the whereabouts of BRNCUSEFVRCUSE?

Thank you for this. I think it's potentially useful information for how some of us shape our opinions of players and I want to bump it back up top in hopes that more folks will see it.

On another note, wasn't there a thread a couple of weeks ago that said fans were now banned from there? (yes, I found another way to use my favorite word in a post to you ;) ). Does this mean you have been impersonating a fan this whole time? Are you even human? Do you know the whereabouts of BRNCUSEFVRCUSE?
Merry Christmas you damn envelope pusher

I'm not opposed to Buss getting a couple minutes here and there, but let's hold off on calling him "good" just yet. He hustles, sure, but he's such a lousy ball handler it's rodiculous. If he's making such poor turnovers against Colgate, I cringe to imagine what Louisville would do to him.

He's an energy guy, pure and simple.

CaptainJ said:
On another note, wasn't there a thread a couple of weeks ago that said fans were now banned from there?

Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom