Ron Thompson enters NFL Draft | Syracusefan.com

Ron Thompson enters NFL Draft

Sugar Bear is going to represent us well in the NFL.

Wow, mind boggling, Not sure where the advise is coming from for these kids, He has been playing Defensive end for 3 years after converting from TE. You would have thought he would have been on high alert for entering too early given Eskridges horrible decision a year ago. Not to mention, your college years are the best years of your life. If this is based on the coaching change its a highly immature decision.

Wow, mind boggling, Not sure where the advise is coming from for these kids, He has been playing Defensive end for 3 years after converting from TE. You would have thought he would have been on high alert for entering too early given Eskridges horrible decision a year ago. Not to mention, your college years are the best years of your life. If this is based on the coaching change its a highly immature decision.

He wouldn't enter the draft because of a coaching change. I wonder where he is being projected at this point

Or, he's already had one major injury, feels he's ready, so why sacrifice his body for another year of unpaid service? Plus, hasn't he graduated?

I don't get this move either. Another year and he would improve his stock. Hopefully he didn't get the same advice from the person who told Eskridge to declare year too.

Wish him well. Met him at Rutgers for 7v7 competition. I got both W Morgan and Thompson together that day and told them they need to go to Cuse. They both laughed but they ended up commiting to us. We really need to hit the JUCO trail. If im a DE that is considering SU I would be trying to solidy my visit. They are guaranteed to play at least the first 3 games. Pickard would be a fool to transfer. He is currently a starter. I would be commiting right now if Im Joshua Black, Uche, Connor Miller or Drew Beesley

I really hope this works out for him, but I have a bad feeling about where he will end up getting selected...

We will never know the real reason behind the move but first thing I think of when a kid unexpectedly goes pro is it's a "grades issue"

Currently the 27th rated Defensive End in the 2017 class according to CBS.

Good luck.

McShay just went on a rant about kids declaring this early. There is no reason to before he meets his new defensive staff in a few days. McShay went on to say that the advisory committee advises 3 ways, 1st round, 2nd round, go back to school...with a 90% accuracy rate, geeez, it must be a really horrible way of life being big man on campus at an excellent university, bad move Ron.

Wow this is gonna be another rough season on defense.

McShay just went on a rant about kids declaring this early. There is no reason to before he meets his new defensive staff in a few days. McShay went on to say that the advisory committee advises 3 ways, 1st round, 2nd round, go back to school...with a 90% accuracy rate, geeez, it must be a really horrible way of life being big man on campus at an excellent university, bad move Ron.
Or, he's already had one major injury, feels he's ready, so why sacrifice his body for another year of unpaid service? Plus, hasn't he graduated?

Graduated in 3 years? I would say no. As far as playing Defensive end, he is a frosh, excellent athleticism, but still learning on the job.

Graduated in 3 years? I would say no. As far as playing Defensive end, he is a frosh, excellent athleticism, but still learning on the job.
He had a redshirt year.

PhatOrange said:
Does he even get drafted?
Doubtful. I loved watching him play for Syracuse, hope he is wise enough to reconsider.

I think some wannabe agent has his ear and is giving him terrible advice...

Last edited:
Doubtful. I
Loved watching him play for Syracuse, hope illegal is wise enough to reconsider.

I think some wannabe agent has his ear and is giving him terrible advice...
He has already signed with an agent. He's gone, 100%.

Does he even get drafted?

Although I understand why he would declare, I doubt he is going to get drafted. He is going to have to make as an FA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom