RPI up to 42 | Syracusefan.com

RPI up to 42

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/sort/RPI

I'm not an expert on how the formula works, but I have to imagine that if we can take care of business in this 4 game upcoming stretch we will be very comfortable in the low 30s.

Here's the remaining RPI's of SU's opponents (as of 1/29/16) and how they would impact the RPI

63 GT - Of the remaining games on the current home stand this one impacts Cuse's RPI the least on both the positive or negative side.
113 VT - This one scares me. Buzz's teams play SU tough and a home loss to a sub 100 team will drag SU's numbers down. Must win.
44 FSU - Chance to get a win vs. a top 50 team at home, chance to boost the RPI. If Cuse loses to VT a win here mitigates some of that damage.
206 @BC - While on the road SU won't get any RPI boost for the win and serious damage with a loss. Gotta take care of this awful team.
16 @L'ville - House money game. No downside RPI wise with a loss.
30 Pitt - another chance for a top 50 win at home. More upside with a win vs. downside to a loss but got to hold serve against those bastards.
100 NC St. - In the VT category, a loss here would be damaging.
5 @UNC - another house money game
44 @FSU - By seasons end could be another chance to get a top 50 road win, which are gold Jerry, gold!

As an aside SU's best RPI win is Texas A&M (14) and worst loss is @St. John's (201)

Here's the remaining RPI's of SU's opponents (as of 1/29/16) and how they would impact the RPI

63 GT - Of the remaining games on the current home stand this one impacts Cuse's RPI the least on both the positive or negative side.
113 VT - This one scares me. Buzz's teams play SU tough and a home loss to a sub 100 team will drag SU's numbers down. Must win.
44 FSU - Chance to get a win vs. a top 50 team at home, chance to boost the RPI. If Cuse loses to VT a win here mitigates some of that damage.
206 @BC - While on the road SU won't get any RPI boost for the win and serious damage with a loss. Gotta take care of this awful team.
16 @L'ville - House money game. No downside RPI wise with a loss.
30 Pitt - another chance for a top 50 win at home. More upside with a win vs. downside to a loss but got to hold serve against those bastards.
100 NC St. - In the VT category, a loss here would be damaging.
5 @UNC - another house money game
44 @FSU - By seasons end could be another chance to get a top 50 road win, which are gold Jerry, gold!

As an aside SU's best RPI win is Texas A&M (14) and worst loss is @St. John's (201)

I'm starting to feel very confident. Since Boeheim came back we've had 3 blowout wins plus a win at Cameron, a close loss at UVA where they never lose, and a close loss to UNC who might be the best team in the country and a bad matchup for us. I say we lose to UNC, L'ville is a tossup, and we win the rest!

Not only will we make the tourney, we'll be a dreaded 5 seed when we get there.

I will never understand that St. John's game...they looked like Golden State that day and haven't even won a game since. Just baffling.

I will never understand that St. John's game...they looked like Golden State that day and haven't even won a game since. Just baffling.
St Johns should've been the game/day that coyle opened up a job req for JBs replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom